2011 Debut Author Challenge

Saturday, January 1, 2011


I am signing up for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge!  The 2011 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by Kirsti at The Story Siren.  The goal is read to 12 debut author young adult or middle grade titles within 2011.   

This is my third challenge for 2011 including the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011 (which I host) and The Contemps Challenge.  The debut author challenge crosses over into both of those two challenges so I should be able to complete all three.

Here is my list of the titles I plan on reading (although I hope to read a lot more):

1. Julia Karr - XVI
2. Gwendolyn Heasley - Where I Belong
3. Courtney Allison Moulton - Angelfire
4. Sara Bennett-Wealer - Rival
5. Kirsten Hubbard - Like Mandarin
6. K. Ryer Breese - Future Imperfect
7. Josephine Angelini - Starcrossed
8. Jessi Kirby - Moonglass
9. Amy Plum - Die For Me
10. Veronica Roth - Divergent
11. Carrie Harris - Bad Taste in Boys
12. Helen Landalf - Broken Wings
13. Stasia Ward Kehoe - Audition
14. Marie Lu - Legend
15. Cat Clarke - Entangled

Thank you to Kirsti for hosting such a wonderful challenge!

11 comments:

Misha said...

Many of the books you've chosen are on my list too. Best of luck with the challenge! :)

Jim said...

There's quite a few there I haven't heard of so will definitely have to check them out - Die For Me's on my list as well, looks great!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Yay! We will be doing this together. Can't wait to discover some great debuts.

Happy New Year!

I Eat Words said...

Happy New Year and YAY for this challenge! I can't wait to get started. Some of the books on your list are on mine as well. :D

Have a great reading year! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks so much for including RIVAL on your list. I hope you like it!

Unknown said...

That's a good list. I've got many of those on mine, I'm looking forward to reading the stories from these new talent.

Cass said...

Great titles! I can't wait to get reading some more 2011 debut titles. :)

Jenny said...

Yay you're doing this challenge too! So many good books coming out next year:)

the story siren said...

thanks so much for joining the challenge!! happy reading and good luck!

Diana said...

Found you on the Challenge sign up sheet! Like you I'm also planning to read Die for me by Amy Plum... To be honest, I CAN'T WAIT :) It sounds just plain out awesome. Keep up the good work, & happy reading!

Diana

Stasia said...

Ooh, just saw my book, AUDITION, on your challenge list! I'm doing the challenge, too. I've already started XVI! Thanks for the mention. - Stasia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara