My Book Boyfriend #24

Wednesday, July 13, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

This week pick is:
Adrian Ivashkov from Vampire Academy Series and Bloodlines

We were wrapped close together now, and I titled my head to study him, the high cheekbones and artfully messy hair that made him so gorgeous.

(My gorgeous Adrian is delicious model Garett Neff)

He is quick witted guy, with gorgeous green eyes and a spirit user who can walk in dreams.  He can be extremely charming, a little bit cocky but also so sweet.  He might have some bad habits like smoking and drinking but for the right girl he would definitely quit.



It was with some surprise that I saw that the person waiting for me at the airport's exit was Adrian. A grin spread over my face, and I picked up the pace. I threw my arms around him, astonishing both of us.
"I have never been happier to see you in my life," I said.
He squeezed me tightly and then let me go, regarding me admiringly. "The dreams never do justice to real life, little dhampir. You look amazing."
"And you look . . ." I studied him. He was dressed as nicely as always. His dark brown hair had that crafted messiness he liked, but his face—ah, well. As I'd noted before, Simon had gotten a few good punches on him. One of Adrian's eyes was swollen and ringed with bruises.
Nonetheless, thinking about him and everything he'd done . . . Well, none of the flaws mattered.
" . . . Gorgeous."
"Liar," he said.
"Couldn't Lissa have healed that black eye away?"
"It's a badge of honor. Makes me seem manly."


"You've asked me out tons of times." 
"Not really. I've made inappropriate suggestions and frequently pushed for nudity. But I've never asked you out on a real date."

"Don't worry, little dhampir. You might be surrounded by clouds, but you'll always be like sunshine to me."

His lips were hot and eager against my throat, but he was careful to never once let his fangs brush my skin.  I was a little less gentle, surprising myself when I dug my nails into the bare skin of his back.  His lips moved lower, tracing the line of my collarbone....

 (Okay so my book boyfriend model has more muscles than Adrian but how could I not share this pic?)

What do you think of Adrian?

Thanks again to Missie for hosting this meme and giving me a reason to post shirtless pictures.

*** Just in case any of you get any ideas about claiming Adrian - MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE

34 comments:

ZoeRainDasher said...

Damn hot! But I've got the guy on the cover of Bloodlines fixed in my head as Adrian...

Misha said...

Great pick! I like Adrian. I have just read the first two in the series, though I hope to read the rest soon.

Abbey said...

Those quotes and pictures are driving me crazy.
that model is seriously too attractive it should be illegal for him to wear a shirt!
i must read these books!
great pick and post! i love wednesdays because of my book boyfriend :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Wow! Such a awesome pick Nic! He's perfect! Lol

Leanna Elle said...

Ooooh, Adrian! I love you! lol! Can't wait for bloodlines!

I'm not quite sure how I picture Adrian, but sexy disheveled definitely. I'll have to do a little research...Actually, I think at first I pictured Adrian as Chace Crawford with messed up hair. At one time or another I have probably pictured most of my book boyf's as him!

Jammie said...

Great pick. As usual :) I LOVE Adrian. I am Team Adrian all the way. Seriously hope to see *much* more of him in Bloodlines.

Flannery (The Readventurer) said...

If Adrian looked like this, what the hell was Rose thinking?

Book Passion for Life said...

WOW! Nic what and awesome pick this week! I love me some Adrian, and that model is perrrrfect :) Yay!-Jess

Unknown said...

Vampire Academy looks like another book that I will have to check out!

Ange said...

HOT! HOT! HOT! I love this series and can't wait for Bloodlines to come out.

Miss Page-Turner said...

He's definitely hot! And this is another series on my wishlist. Doesn't it include seven titles? Oh money, I can already see you vanishing from my bank account!

Jan von Harz said...

Have only read book one in this series but Adrian definitely is a smoking. Need to read more. Love love the quotes and Garett is a great pick.

Tina G said...

Is there enough room on that pillow for two? Yes? ~cuddles~ Muahahaha!!
Yummy pick Twinie!!!

T~

Lesley said...

Yummy I love the second picture. Love the quotes.

My book boyfriend

Belle said...

I do love Adrian. Just not QUITE as much as Dimitri ;) I always picture him as Ed Westwick, but that model is very very pretty. Thanks for the eye candy :D

Savannah said...

YUM! I can't wait to read about Adrian in Bloodlines! I missed this boy!

Jenny said...

Even though I'm solidly in the Dimitri camp, Adrian definitely won me over by the end. If I hadn't been so in love with Dimitri since book one, I would have been rooting for him with every fiber of my being. Still adore him though. And your gorgeous shirtless model:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he sounds hot.
:) I think I'm one of the few that haven't read these books, but the guys sure sound hot. :D

María A. said...

OMG. I ADORE him. Adrian, that is. The model you pick is hot too, though ;)
All the quotes take me back to those heartwarming moments when I was still hoping he could get his happy ending in VA series.

PS: English is my ‘second language’. So… I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say :D

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I have the overwhelming urge to climb in that bed with Adrian and just 'nap' right beside him. ;)

That sunshine quote is so freaking SWOON! Really, he needs no black eye to seem manly, he is man enough!

Lisa said...

I love Adrian. I feel like he got the short straw in the whole affair. Hopefully we here more about him in Bloodlines.

Mimi said...

"You'll alway be like sunshine to me" Oh Em Gee! I can't wait to start bloodlines!! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

What do I think? Oh I think I need to read this book pronto and swoon with that image in my head! And thank you for so many shirtless pics! My eyes thank you. They needed a workout! :D

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I'm so happy I pre-ordered Bloodlines! I can't wait to get my hands on it JUST for Adrian! Love this post Nic!

YA Book Queen said...

I'm a Dimitri girl myself, but Adrian definitely charmed me by the end of the VA series. Ah, he's just so swoonworthy, isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Nic, can I suggest some potential "Book boyfriend"? haha

I think you need to meet Kellan from Thoughtless and Effortless (S.C. Stephens )And Travis from Beautiful Disaster (Jamie McGuire). I'm sure you will love them!

Check those books and swoon over them with me :P

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

How did Adrian end up over here?? He is very clearly MY book boyfriend. =b

Gah, I just love Adrian. It wasn't even about shipping Rose/Adrian, because I loved Rose/Dimitri too, but Adrian is just so swoony.

As usual, VERY nice pictures. ;)

A Canadian Girl said...

I love Adrian too even if I think Dimitri is perfect for Rose. All the guys in the Vampire Academy series are so hot! Can you do Christian one week too please :)

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

I swear you already posted about Dimitri! YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH. Adrian is sooooo mine. SO mine.

Anonymous said...

WOW- where do you find all these cute men....!!?? ;P

Jenny N. said...

Hotness! I don't know much about him since I haven't read VA yet.

Nomes said...

HOTNESS!

my fave one is the towel one O.o

i need to get in gear and get on with reading this series ~ i have only read #1 and I don't think he is even in it (?)

Luciana_Jansen said...

I know I'm Team Dimka, but I swear I couldn't resist Adrian's charm! He's just stunning, and his bad boy attitude drives me crazy! I always develop a crush on bad boys... Specially naughty ones like Adrian, lol.

Unknown said...

omygosh! i am literally hyperventilating and so red right now! you picked a perfect Adrian! can i have a boyfriend like that? haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara