Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Goodreads Description  Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.  So much for normal.

My Review:-

Favourite Quote:- "The doctor was a pleasant werewolf in her midforties. I hadn’t been in here since I sprained my ankle two years ago. And, no, it wasn’t in some exciting way, being chased through a graveyard by a vamp or anything. I sprained it while rocking out to my iPod alone in my room. Apparently hip-hop is not my calling."

Paranormalcy was a fun and cute read that I found myself smiling the whole way through. It did have a very youthful feel to it but that didn’t stop me from enjoying it. It contains a bit of mystery and romance, lots of humour and too many different types of paranormals to count. I thought the storyline was unique and refreshing and the writing engaging.

Evie was a fun character. She was quirky, could kick butt when needed but was still very girly. She is the kind of character you want to hug but also give her some advice on life. And Lend what a sweetheart! I thought his paranormal talent was unique and sometimes kind of freaky. I thought the romance was super cute, moved at a nice pace and didn’t overtake the story.

The only thing that I didn’t like about this book was Reth, Evie's ex boyfriend. He annoyed me with his constant let me fill you line. Every time he appeared I rolled my eyes! I think Evie best friend Lish summed up perfectly how I felt about him "Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeep.”

Overall, a great start to this series that left me excited to read more! However this book won’t be for everyone it might be a bit cutesy for some adult readers since she does have a pink bedazzled taser named tasey

Rating: 4/5

Want more info: Kiersten White's website

Want to read more reviews: Makeshift Bookmark

4 comments:

Nomes said...

this book sounds like so much fun. i'm scared of ti though, haha. i'm going to check it out when my library gets it in. fairies annoy the crap out of me too...

x

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Good idea Nomes. If you aren't fan of paranormal than library this.

Vee said...

I've heard so much good stuff about this one from people who don't *usually* like paranormal romance that I'm determined to pick it up :)

It seems refreshing and cute and I like that you mentioned that the romance doesn't overtake the story.

Great review, Nic.

Also, have I mentioned that I'm totally jealous that you're reading Across the Universe? :D

Alison Can Read said...

I loved Paranormalcy and glad you liked it too. I liked the cutesy part - refreshingly different than most paranormal - but you're right that it could turn people off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara