My favourite love stories

Monday, February 14, 2011


In honour of Valentine's Day and also because I am a romantic sap, I thought I would post my top 5 favourite love stories.

Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I loved how Anna and St Clair's relationship developed from friendship to something else.  They had some sizzling chemistry even when they would accidentially touch knees there was sparks flying.

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - Lucy's & Ed's romance will make you reminisce your teen days.  So much fun yet so much heart. 

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - This is another one of those slowing building relationships filled with sweet yet real moments.

Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne -  This book is the perfect escape for a few hours.  A quick, funny, sweet read with absolutely swoon worthy crush.

Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams -  The romance in this book is kind of like an adventure as Beatle's and Destiny's romance never went smoothly but was always entertaining.







I would love to know your picks for best love story.  So leave a comment of any great books that you would recommend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list Nic!

I'm also rather fond of Estelle & Dan - Six Impossible Things, Nick and Norah from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Colin & Lindsay from An Abundance of Katherines

Aleeza said...

I've only read Anna and the French Kiss and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour out of the five--though I want to read all of then--and both were also one of my favefavefave love stories of all time!
Great choices!

Aleeza said...

them*, i meant. hehe :D

Leanna Elle said...

I ordered Anna and the French Kiss last week. I can't wait to read it! Sometimes I am reluctant to read stories set in Paris, because it is my favourite city and these books make me want to visit again and again - this is also happening to me right now because I'm reading Die for Me. haha!

My all time favourite love story has to be Cathy and Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights. I dunno if that's a strange pick, but I've read the book like a dozen times, and I love it. It's so all consuming! 'I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul'!

Misha said...

I want to read Anna and the French Kiss soon! I have heard so much about it.

Chachic said...

I read the first two books in your list and enjoyed both! Amy & Roger and Beatle Meets Destiny are already on my wishlist. I should add Thrill Ride too since it looks like we enjoy reading the same kinds of books. :) I have a list of my own favorite couples here.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Nic! Gah! I'm so full of fail. I haven't read any of these! *hangs head*

Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? Such a tragic love story, but I love Henry and Clare. Their love is one that truly endures the test of time.

P.S. I actually have a google document of book recommendations I pick up from you! True story.

Jenny N. said...

I have read none of the books you listed but I do want to read Anna and the French Kiss eventually.

A.J. said...

Loved Anna and Amy & Roger's! :)

One of my recent favorite love stories is definitely...Adam and Mia (Gayle Forman's characters, of course). <3 <3

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Anna and Amy & Roger are two of my favorites! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara