10 Best Reads of 2010

Friday, December 31, 2010

Over at Persnickety Snark, Adele has created the Pernsnickety Snark FIVE Challenge.  Today's topic and the last one is 10 Best Reads of 2010.  Not all of these books have a 2010 release date but are books that I read in 2010.  And instead of talking about why I loved each book I have posted a favourite quote from each one.  ~drum rolls~ And the winners are in no particular order:


"From the moment you stepped into the nevernever, you've been my undoing. I should never have agreed to that contract."



"When I turn around, he cups my face in his hands and he kisses me so deeply that I don't know who is breathing for who, but his mouth and tongue taste like warm honey. I don't know how long it lasts, but when I let go of him, I miss it already."



"Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear."




"And then we're at that moment where you both go and get what you want or you both go back. The moment when you say, Stuff being scared; what's on the other side is better. That moment when you inch closer to each other little by little, till you skin starts and ends in the same place. Till your faces get so close your lips start and end in the same place, too. Till you taste milk shake and salt and sugar days and the world spins and the stars sound like harmonicas."


"Now play nicely, make-believe dead girl"



"I look into his sorrowless eyes and a door in my heart blows open. And when we kiss, I see that on the other side of that door is the sky."



"Maybe she'd always been there. Maybe strangers enter your heart first and then you spent the rest of your life searching for them."



"You were just worried about me"
An exhale, relieved that i had understood. "Yeah"
I turned. "Because you think i'm worth it"
He put his fingers under my chin. "I absolutely think your worth it"
But you don't think you are"
His mouth opened. Shut.
That's what this is about, Derek. You won't let us worry about you because you don't think you're worth it. But i do. I absolutely do".



“The ocean is a vivid emerald colour and the wind ruffles the wave faces so that they shatter the sunlight like glass. Seeing that glittering skin always tightens my throat with joy. It’s stupid, but that how I feel: joyous. I forget about the underbelly of things, my secrets, and I feel easy and free. I know that I’m meant to stay on the surface and be happy. Just enjoy being alive.”



"The campus lay before me, pristine and untouched by the terror I was experiencing tonight.  The school had dorms filled with people who would hear me scream, which made it my best option.  The quickest path was through the graveyard, so, already gasping for breath, I took off at a sprint, bearing down on the old cemetery."


Back to normal posting tomorrow.  I have enjoyed participating in the Five Challenge and found some great blogs along the way.  Hope everyone has a great New Years!

15 comments:

Misha said...

Awesome list! Many of them I already own , so I should read them soon. I am especially excited to read Raw Blue.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

love your list, the books I have read that are one here were SOOO good :) I definitely want to read the other titles, ive read so much good stuff about them :)

Jim said...

Great list! I absolutely loved The Sky Is Everywhere and really can't wait to read A Little Wanting Song and Jellicoe Road, in particular.

Alaine said...

I've read two of the books on your list and agree that they were great. I also have a few more and am hoping to read them soon! Have a great 2011!

Leanna Elle said...

Nice picks! I loved Shadow Hills too!

A Canadian Girl said...

Great list! I've only read The Reckoning and Shadow Hills but most of the others are on my wishlist and hopefully they'll be read next year.

Jenny said...

Fabulous picks Nic! I love The Iron Fey series, that will always be on of my very favorites:) I'm starting Carpe Corpus this weekend, I fall more in love with Shane every book! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. If you don't do awards, that's ok. I just wanted you to know I enjoy your blog. If you do, you can visit me at Tribute Books Mama to find out what to do for the award.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylish-blogger-award.html

Happy New Year!
Mary Ann

Blueicegal ♥ said...

They all look so good!! I'm looking them up right now! :)

Jenny N. said...

Only read two books from your list. Really loved The Reckoning and can't wait for The Gathering though I will miss Chloe and the gang.

A.J. said...

I've read 5 of these books! And they're in my top faves! X3 I really need to get around to reading Shadow Hills and The Iron Daughter. Hopefully Raw Blue is released in the US. Great list! :D

Laura J Harrison said...

Hi there. Your blog is such a happy felling spot. I am a recipient of the Stylish Blog Award. I am visiting all the blogs that Tribute Books Mama passed this award on to. As I visit these wonderful blogs, I'm feeling like a fish out of water. They all are book related blogs, except me. I am a review/giveaway blog. I have only done one book review. (shhh.if she made an error, we won't say anything) LOL It's my first award and I'm not giving it back!
I'm a new follower now to your eye pleasing blog.
Stop by sometime. January is dedicated to pets on my blog.
Laurie from Grandma Sez So

Laura J Harrison said...

Feeeling, the word is feeling! It's almost 11 pm on Near Years Eve, what can I say? Trying to stay up until midnight. I'm not as spunky as I used to be!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Nic,

You have been introducing me to books I haven't heard of all week. Thank you.

I love Shadow Hills and The Iron Fey series. I will have to check out some of those others soon. I'm especially looking forward to reading Blue Raw. Hopefully I will for your challenge. ;)

T.B. said...

I loved The Hunger Games series! Mockingjay was my favorite out of the three. This one definitely had more of a dark side to it, but I felt that it was needed for the story. Great list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara