Feeling Blue - Aussie Covers

Friday, December 17, 2010

If you are new to my blog, I like to do a regular feature on Aussie book cover's to help promote all the great books we have hiding down here.  The following covers all have the same theme - the colour BLUE and a vibrant feel!




Dreaming of Amelia                     Slice: Juicy Moments From My Impossible Life



Jarvis 24                                                              Raw Blue





I love all these covers so it is hard to choose a favourite.  So it is a toss up between Jarvis 24 - I like the whole urban meets romance feel and Slice - simple but a lot of fun. 

All these books would make great reads for Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011 (a challenge I am hosting here together with Inkcrush).  I have read Raw Blue and highly recommend it. While the others will be going on my reading list for the challenge. 

What is your favourite?

10 comments:

Misha said...

All of the covers are gorgeous. I love blue - it is so soothing to the eyes. I am going to read most of the titles for the Aussie YA book challenge.

Cass said...

I really like the cover of "Slice: Juicy Moments From My Impossible Life". It's so simple, yet creative and gives me a good sense of what kind of book I'd be reading if I were to pick it up (which I hope is sometime in the near future).

By the way, can't wait to hear what you thought of ANNA!

Jenny said...

Ohhhh I love the cover for Slice, it's so simple and yet so very interesting. My favorite part is that the type follows the grooves of the eaten watermelon, brilliant:)

Orhedea said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE! Dreaming of Amelia. Except it's Ghost of Ashbury High in the US.

Angie said...

I love all of those covers. The model on the cover of Dreaming for Amelia is actually on another cover that I saw recently, same exact picture only moved over a bit. Can't recall the name of the book offhand, something to do with mermaids. I love Raw Blue's cover in particular.

Alix said...

I like the cover of Dreaming Of Amelia best and I prefer that title to the US one. I don't know why they re-name all her books. Anyway you are in for a real treat when you read it, it's excellent!

Nomes said...

ahh, all these covers are stunning.

i love slice and dreaming of amelia. actually, they're all gorgeous. jarvis 24 really stands out as well.

x

love this feature!

Books for Company said...

This is a great post! My favourite has to be Jarvis 24.

Lauren said...

These are all nice, but my favourite is probably the Dreaming of Amelia one, which is just perfection and completely suits the book I think.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I think the cover for Slice is super fun, and I love how simple it is, so I would go with that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara