Waiting on Wednesday #8

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Date: 7/7/2011
An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, EXILE is the breathtaking sequel to MERCY in a major new paranormal romance series. There's something very wrong with me. When I wake up, I could be anyone! Mercy continues her journey into the darkest places of the human soul in EXILE, waking in another strange and unfamiliar body. For Mercy is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer and her journey is atonement for choosing him. But this time, she remembers her previous life and the boy she fell in love with, Ryan. Is this her chance to break the eternal cycle? Torn between her immortal love and a human who thinks she is lost forever, Mercy is trapped into making a terrifying promise. Then her harrowing past is revealed by The Eight, frighteningly beautiful celestial brothers eternally sworn to stop her rejoining Luc's side. But should Mercy trust the truths she is shown or the longings of her heart? This time, it's not just Luc who claims Mercy in the fight for her soul!

Why? Absolutely in love with the cover.  It is beautiful and really captures the themes of the book - mystery, romance and angels.  I haven't read book one, Mercy, yet.  I am hoping Santa is going to leave it under the Christmas tree (hint, hint Santa if you are reading this).  But I have heard wonderful things about it and it sounds like my kind of series.  Rebecca Lim is an Aussie author and this is a perfect book for the Aussie Reading Challenge.

What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I just finished Mercy and loved it. I definitely want more, and I love this cover. Fantastic pick and one I will be anxiously awaiting too.

bibliophile brouhaha said...

That is a gorgeous cover - I haven't read Mercy yet, though. I will have to check and see if it's here in the US - doesn't matter, I'll be getting an e-reader soon, so I can get all these great books sans shipping costs :)

-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh that cover is STUNNING! I haven't read Mercy yet either, but I'm going to pick it up so I can be ready for this one. Thanks for sharing this one, I had no idea there was going to be a book 2!

Anonymous said...

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
By Stephenie Meyer
Publication date: April 12, 2011

This must-have hardcover edition--the only official guide--is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. This comprehensive handbook—essential for every Twilight Saga fan—is full-color throughout with nearly 100 gorgeous illustrations and photographs and with exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more.

Belinda said...

Oh thank you so much for this. I hadn't heard of the book before and it's definitely something I'd read :) You can find my WOW here

Lori said...

Lovely cover. I hope when you get your book, you enjoy it. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

Books for Company said...

Great choice! l also love the cover.
l still haven't read her first book 'Mercy' which also looks good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara