In My Mailbox #36 - Lola plus a whole other bunch of goodies

Sunday, August 14, 2011


In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


For Review:

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson - YA supernatural tale.  I have been desperate to read this after Leanna's review.  Not only did I get a unexpected review copy but I also bought a copy beforehand as it is my book club read this month.  So expect a giveaway.  Thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia.

Fury by Elizabeth Miles - Debut novel of 2011, YA paranormal.  Gorgeous cover but it has been getting lots of mixed reviews which makes me curious.  Thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia.  

Wolf Blood by N.M Browne - YA fantasy about werewolves.  Haven't heard much about this but the synopsis sounds goods.    Thanks to Bloomsbury Australia.

Gifted:

Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins  - I think we all know about this companion book to Anna and The French Kiss.  I have already read it and of course it was AMAZING!  Review will be posted Friday.  A big thanks to my awesome friend who sent me this!

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer - The sequel to Nightshade, a YA werewolves series.  I had a wonderful friend (who I can't thank enough) who went to a signing and got me a personalised signed copy.  It says " Keep in the wild hunt".  


Bought:

The Bridge by Jane Higgins - YA dystopia novel and debut author of 2011.  This is an Australian publishing title and winner of The Text Prize.  

Swag:
Gifted a bunch of swag, bookmarks and other goodies including signed Audition bookmarks from Stasia Ward Kehoe.   


What did you get in your mailbox?


33 comments:

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

LOLAAAAAA *brain explodes* I hope you looove it omg *sends waves of jealousy* :)

Lesley said...

I cannot wait to read your Lola review Nic, I'm sensing you might have a Lola themed book boyfriend post soon?

Ange said...

Awesome IMM! Soooo jealous of Lola and the Boy Next Door. I'm also interested in seeing what you think of Hunting Lila. Hope you have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I received the same review books this week, but OH MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE A COPY OF LOLA. *steals*

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I'm just DYING for your review of LOLA! Fab mailbox, Nic ;)

danya said...

LOLA and WOLFSBANE!! *is jealous* Also I'm interested to see what you make of THE BRIDGE!

Flannery (The Readventurer) said...

OMG, this might be the best one yet. I was dying to read Lola so I'm sure you feel the same. Also, The Bridge and Hunting Lila. Oh man, Nic, you must be over the moon excited. I love peeping into everyone's mailboxes:)

Jenny N. said...

I haven't read Anna yet and really should soon since Lola is coming out soon and both books sound so good. Happy reading!

Jenny said...

Ahhhhh! You got Lola you lucky woman! So glad to know you loved it, I can't wait to read it!!!! Looking forward to your thoughts on Hunting Lila too, I just saw that one on Leanna @ Daisy Chain's site and am super interested in it:)

Brett @ Demons Read Too said...

The Bridge sounds cool, I'm adding to my TBR. I'm interested in what you think on Fury, I haven't decided on buying it yet.

Unknown said...

Yay for Lola! Fury was pretty good, hope you like it too! Enjoy your books, Nic :)

My IMM

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Awesome swag, and so super cool about your signed Wolfsbane copy.

I hadn't heard of Hunting Lila before. Looks good.

Unknown said...

i want that Lola book!!! hahahaha. awesome books this week!

you might want to check mine here: http://coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-3.html

Holly said...

Congrats on already getting to read LOLA, I can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Brodie said...

I am BEYOND jealous you have Lola!! *strokes computer screen* I got Wolf Blood, Fury and Hunting Lila too :) Hunting Lila is fantastic! I really hope you like it, I can't wait to read Sarah's next books.

Enjoy!

Lucy said...

Yay Lola! Hunting Lila sounds amazing too. Happy reading :)

Rebecca said...

Too awesome.

LOVE the Auditon Bookmarks which are also sighned!!! How did you get them?!

Lucky duck :D

I can't wait to read Auditon and ALSO Lola!!

Book Passion for Life said...

Awesome week Nic. Hope you enjoy Wolfsbane, its amazing. That's so nice of your friend too :)

Our IMM

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Damn I need to get myself a copy of Lola. So many people adore it, I'm curious!

Liz. R said...

Ooh awesome mailbox this week! Love the swag, and so jealous you got Lola! Hunting Lila is a brilliant one, so hope you enjoy that. Happy reading !:)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Lola is sooooooo good! I hope you enjoy reading it! I'm really looking forward to reading Fury and Wolfsbane. :) Enjoy!

Savannah said...

OMG! LOLA! I pre-ordered this book and so want to read it now! Jelaous you goit it. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!!

A.J. said...

Awesome books! I'm so happy you loved Lola! :D I really hope Hunting Lila is good because I want to order it. And can't wait to read The Bridge! :)

Small Review said...

I just stumbled upon Wolf Blood the other day and added it to my TBR. I'll be stalking your blog for that review :) I've seen all the mixed reviews for Fury too, so I'm extra interested in seeing what you think of it.

Aleeza said...

so envious about LOLAAAA. like, seriously.

and i'm excited about wolfsbane too. just can't seem to find the time to read it! *pouts*

Anonymous said...

You got some awesome stuff this week! the swag looks great.
Enjoy your books =)

Marg said...

Lola! So jealous!

Enjoy your loot.

Bailey said...

Yay for awesome books!!! So glad you love Lola!! =D

Abbey said...

Ohh i am so jealous you get to read Lola and the boy next door, you lucky woman! ahh
I really want to read Wolfsbane as well and i'm liking the cover on hunting lila
youve got some good reading ahead of you!

Rachel@FictionalFantasy said...

Hi Nic, I'm jealous of your signed copy of Wolfsbane! And I have heard lots of good things about Lola, I'm going to have to get myself a copy of that :)

Stop by Fictional Fantasy and check out my IMM if you get a chance :)

Nomes said...

lola and lila = perfect

<3

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I'm FINALLY able to borrow Lola from a friend!!! eeekkk! I can't wait to start it!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Such a good IMM and great swag!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara