My Book Boyfriend #26 - Luke Henry

Wednesday, August 10, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.


This week pick is:
Luke Henry from Forgotten by Cat Patrick
  

I have wanted to read Forgotten since seeing Missie's book boyfriend post on Luke.  And she was not wrong  when she described how sweet he is.  Luke plans romantic dates and doesn't give up on a girl who forgets him every day.  He is a little quirky as he likes to paint ears and always wears his brown converse sneakers but he has beautiful blue eyes and one dimple smile. 

I see the smile first.  There is an unmistakable sweetness peeking through the teasing.  My armour begins to crumble before I've made my way up to the eyes; what's left of it melts away at the sight of them.  Sparkling pale cornflower blue with darker flecks, surrounded by eyelashes any girl would envy.
Looking at me.
Right at me.
Even more than his mouth, his eyes are smiling.


And then he moves closer.
I hold my breath, considering that Luke might kiss me right here in the middle of the commons.  Just as I'm deciding whether or not I can kiss with an audience, Luke, staring intently into my eyes, raises  a hand towards me face.  Slowly, softly, he rubs his thumb along my jawbone.  I'm hypnotised by the most perfect kind of touch.  Oddly, it feels even more intimate than a kiss.


"Is your mom here?" Luke asks, in a tone both soft and strong.  Feeling weak, I tighten the grip on my torso for support.
"No, she went..."
Before I can finish my sentence, Luke is up the entry way step kissing me.
Hard.
His palms are on either side of my face, and the few feet that were between us have shrunk to inches.  One inch, maybe.
I drop my arms in surrender, then slowly wind them around this boy before me, tight and then tighter still.  Luke kicks shut the front door behind him, lips still locked on mine, and we kiss each other like one of us is dying.
"I can't stay away from you," he whispers when he finally takes a break to breathe.  He's staring directly into my eyes with his forehead pressed against mine, and his hands are still holding tight to my face, as if to keep me there and ensure that I look at him right back.
To ensure that I see him.  And, boy, do I.



What do you think of Luke?

Thanks to Missie for hosting this meme.

27 comments:

Julie said...

Super hawt! I love the photos. I must read Forgotten. I was holding my breath with that second quote, too :)

sinn said...

Sounds like a cutie ^_~


Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-dante.html

sinn @ sinnful books

Book Passion for Life said...

Hooooot! :D

Thanks for sharing this. That's all I have to say on this one lol.
-Jess

Abbey said...

Oooh the quotes have done it for me (and the pictures of course)
I started reading this but got excited about another book and forget to finish it, i will have to pick it back up because Luke is sounding gorgeous...
Also the name 'Luke Henry' means he must be hot.
great pick Nic :)

Lesley said...

I loved Luke he was so patient and artistic (good book boyfriend characteristics I think) nice pictures too.

Ange said...

What gorgeous eyes!!!! Love it! I adored Luke in this book, the ultimate nice guy!

Unknown said...

Luke was definitely the best part of Forgotten. It was nice to see a recap of some awesome scenes. Thanks, Nic :)

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I think Luke is HOT! That's what I think! :)

I really, really, really like the third passage!

Leanna Elle said...

I loved Luke in forgotten! I pictured him as very much an indie boy, all disheveled and sexy. I pictured Chace Crawford with messy hair while I was reading about Luke.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Isn't Luke Amazing! I loved his penchant for painting ears! Your pick for Luke is so dream worthy. I know I'd have a hard time forgetting about him. :P

I *loved* that scene in the doorway.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he sounds so sweet!!
I don't remember having heard of this book but I'm going to add it to my to buy list!!

:D

Jenny said...

I loved Luke! He was just so darn cute I could hardly stand it:) And look at that boy's eyes in the second picture. Whuh:)

Savannah said...

Hello Henry! I so need to read Forgotton. I have the book just waiting to be open!

Amy said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-29.html

Jenny N. said...

The last quote you included is seriously making me swoon over him.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Ears can be hard to paint. Seriously. ;)

Oh I love the quotes. So sweet! Love his eyes in the pics. Oh thanks so much for all the shirtless pics! :D

Rummanah Aasi said...

I've never heard/met anyone with a knack of painting ears. But we all have our quirks, right? I love the quotes you chose. I have the book in my tbr pile and can't wait to read it!

Yahong said...

A hot kiss is DEFINITELY enough to get me to pick up a book. :D

Belle said...

I'm really excited to get my hands on this book. Luke sounds amazing!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

Can i not read the book and just have this boy? YES? :P

Alyssa Kirk said...

Adorable! And love that killer dimple!

A Canadian Girl said...

Still haven't read Forgotten but I must get around to doing it so that I can get more of Luke. He sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

Luke needs me to make him some cheesy potatoes...so I can put some meat on his bones.....


:P

Danielle said...

I just finished reading this book and all I can say is: *drool*

Luke Henry, I love you!

Cristina said...

wow, I know this is an old entry, but I just fiished reading the book and I am still falling in love with Luke. I really liked your entry, I am glad that I found a male character who is not the typical bad boy who is a romantic in the inside, he is the cutest boyfriend and sexy at the same time.
:)

Mrs. Luke Henry said...

I want Luke ad my bf!!!!! But somehow I pictured Luke to be more innocent looking, and a momma's boy?... But anyways really good book bf!!! And I know this an old post!

check this review said...

this post is overall nice concept . this really grate .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara