5 Great Covers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Over at Persnickety Snark, Adele has created the Pernsnickety Snark FIVE ChallengeToday's topic is 5 Great Covers.  In no particular order the winners are:











 
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - Love the romantic feel and how the writing frames the couple.  Just beautiful!

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - Simple but at the same time grabs your attention.  Perfect cover for one of my all time favourite books.

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta - I love this black and white photograph.  Suits the storyline and is an actual photograph of a Australian singer from his CD cover shot.

Firelight by Sophie Jordan - This is one of the covers when you get in your hands is even more gorgeous.   I like the peak of dragon scales on the girl's face.

Hold Still by Nina Lacour (note paperback cover released in 2010) - I think this pretty cover sums up the cover's blurb perfectly.

What are some of your favourite covers of 2010?

15 comments:

Nomes said...

yay we both picked hold still! love love love

i also had the piper's son and graffiti moon in my runner's up but i ran out of room for them :(

i so want to see firelight in the flesh (WHERE IS IT? it was suposed to be out here in Oct but it's not at my local!)

love your picks!

x

Misha said...

I am glad you like the cover for Nevermore. Everyone seems to hate it! But I like it too.

Cass said...

Nice picks. I'm reminded of my love for the cover of Nevermore. :D

Nomes, the real copy of Firelight is amazing. The red of Jacinda's hair look infinitely better, and the scales on the side of her face are so intricate and detailed that it's mesmorising when stared into. I too haven't seen the book in local shops. Huh.

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

Love all your pics especially Nevermore and Hold Still.

Sarah said...

Oh yes, I chose Firelight too. It's absoluetly gorgeous :)

Sarah
That Bookish Girl

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I'm a cover whore, and I love all of these...I think Nevermore is my favourite because of the black and pink theme :)

Jenny said...

Such pretty covers! Firelight would have to be my favorite of that bunch, I just love the slit in her eye, it's so subtle:) They're all beautiful though!

Kat said...

Beautiful covers all around! Nevermore and Firelight tie for my favorite. I love the script in the background of Nevermore and the shimmery scales of Firelight. :)

Pixie said...

Great choices! Firelight almost made our list, it was a toss up. Here is our 5

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

i was gonna choose Piper's son too but it wasn't released in US yet so i decided not to (i opted for a different MM cover lol), so glad it was on your list because it is SO BEAUTIFUl :) also, i adore the hold still cover, great list!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments :)

@ Nomes - I had to order it in. Maybe because it is only in hardback.

@ Misha - I would have bought this book soley on the cover. Thankful it was just as good read.

Alix said...

Great choices I would buy all these books based on the covers alone! I think my favorite cover was The Unwritten Rule - love it and Torment, I haven't read it but it's SO gorgeous!

Looking forward to tomorrows 5

Chachic said...

Nice picks! I almost put Graffiti Moon and The Piper's Son in my list. :) But I mostly went with the books that I've read so I didn't add them.

Alison Can Read said...

I especially love Firelight and Hold Still. The Inifinite Days cover is also one of my favs.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

You are totally right about The Piper's son. Love the b&w! And what is Hold Still? I hadn't heard of it before, and now I want to check it out. Thanks for featuring it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara