5 Great Movie Deals

Monday, December 27, 2010

Over at Persnickety Snark, Adele has created the Pernsnickety Snark FIVE Challenge.  Today's topic is 5 Great Movie Deals:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


This is probably going to be on everyone's list but so it should be.  Hopefully the movie can live up to the fan's expectations.

The Dead of Night by John Marsden

My favourite series when I was teen.  Tomorrow When the War Began already has been made into an amazing movie and can't wait to see what they do with the next installment.
 Watch the trailer here for Tomorrow When The War Began.


Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams


This is book is quirky, completely original, funny and brilliant.  Hopefully the movie will be the same.  


Firelight by Sophie Jordan 


Dragons, who doesn't love them!  I can imagine great special effects and a gorgeous cast will equal blockbuster.
Movie deal details here


The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


Mystery, werewolves and a good love story.  Lots of twists and turns so if you haven't read it and watch the movie you will be sitting on the edge of your seat. 
Movie details here


My wishlist:  I would love to see Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta be made into a movie.  Also Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley.

What books do you think would make great movies?


10 comments:

Unknown said...

My pick for a book into movie would be Brandon Sanderson's The Final Empire. The visuals would be great!

Misha said...

OOh! I did not know that The Dark Divine was being made into a movie ! Thanks for the info!
I would love to see Melina Marchetta's books being made into movies.

Jenny said...

Ahhh! I didn't know Firelight was getting made into a movie - YAY! I agree, the digital effects for that one could be amazing:) I'm so nervous for the Hunger Games movie, I loved that book so much I don't want them to change a single thing which isn't very realistic. Great choices Nic!

Kat said...

The Hunger Games, YES!! They better do it justice.

I didn't know that Firelight and the Dark Divine are going to be movies-- awesome! I'm reading Firelight right now. :) I'd like to see Maximum Ride get made into a movie. (based off the first book, not the horrible later ones)

Nomes said...

love your picks! we share a few :)

also, love the ones you think would make an awesome movie :)

too brain dead right now to think of my what i think would make an good movie :)

x Nomes

Teddyree said...

YaY for The Hunger Games ... hope they do it justice! and of course can't wait for The Dead of Night.
But the one I'm hanging out for is I Am Number Four!!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Hey Nic,

I was not familiar with Beatle Meets Destiny. Now I'm excited to read the book and see the movie, and that is great new about Firelight.

Angie said...

Is there seriously going to be a Beatle Meets Destiny movie or are these just what you'd like to see get made into a movie? Wasn't really clear on that. Anyway, great picks!!

Jenny N. said...

I'm still on the fence about the Hunger Games movie. The books were so amazing so bope the movie doesnt ruin it for me.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments.

@ Angie - Beatle Meets Destiny is a definite. Although I am not sure when they are starting filming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara