Over at Persnickety Snark, Adele has created the Pernsnickety Snark FIVE Challenge. Today's topic is 5 Most Hopes for YA in 2011:
1. Less love triangles. While I do like them occasionally when they are done right, I don't think every book needs one. It would be nice to have a guy or a girl know who they want. The back and forth bit drives me crazy.
2. Still on the subject of romance since I love a good love story. More of the nice, bestfriend type, average guygetting the girl. Not always the dark sexy stranger or most popular boy at school that every girl is crushing on.
3. More realistic parental presence in story lines. Quite a few books I have read the parents come and go in the story. One minute they are protective and the next minute they have disappeared from the story line all together.
4. More Aussie books available international. I have lots of friends that can't get their hands on some of my favourite books.
5. Less cliffhangers. Not every book that is part of a series needs to end on a GIANT cliffhanger. If the story is interesting and the writing is good we will come back for more.