Waiting on Wednesday #9

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Shadowspell by Jenna Black
Release date: 4th January, 2011


On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?

Why? I loved the first book in the series Glimmerglass.  It had an interesting take on the fae, a fast paced plot, strong characters and fantastic writing.  I am hoping this book is even better.

What are you waiting on?

11 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Super excited for this too. I really liked Glimmerglass.

Carissa said...

This is really making me want to read Glimmerglass now! Very nice pick.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

ooh pretty! it reminds me of another cover, i just cant remember what :P i think it was a paranormal.
anyways, i remember how awesome the GLimerglass cover was, makes me want to read the series! nice pick!

Jan von Harz said...

I enjoyed the first book too so I am definitely wanting to read this one. Great pick!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I also can't wait for this book! Loved Glimmerglass!

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I still haven't read Glimmerglass yet but reading the synopsis of Shadowspell makes me want to go out and buy Glimmerglass now it's a pity everything is closed at this time of night :(

Hope your enjoying the holiday's Nic!

Romy :)

Aimee said...

This looks good! I love the cover. I haven't read Glimmerglass, though it's on my tbr list. My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

Jenny said...

I love the covers for this series! I have yet to read Glimmerglass, but it's one of the many on my list and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Do you know the significance of the stag yet, or is that something we'll find out in this book?

Anonymous said...

How to Knit a Heart Back Home
By Rachael Herron
Publication date: March 1, 2011

Lucy Harrison sells books by day and volunteers with the Cypress Hollow fire department by night. Her life is just the way she likes it—full, even-keeled, and smooth—until bad-boy ex-cop Owen Bancroft comes back to town. Lucy has always been fearless, never scared about diving in to help others. When it comes to risking her heart, however, she realizes she's absolutely terrified.

In a small town like Cypress Hollow, everyone knows your business—and there is nowhere to hide. Then Lucy and Owen are thrown together by the discovery of the lost work of local legend, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Now Owen, adrift and struggling to redefine himself as a civilian without a badge, will have to learn how to open himself up to life's new possibilities . . . while Lucy decides just how much of herself she's willing to gamble on love.

BLHmistress said...

Havent read Glimmerglass but they sound good and always looking for new reads added them to my list.

My WOW

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments :)

@ Romy - I think you would enjoy this series. Last day of work today! Bring on the holidays. Hope you are having a wonderful holidays too!

@ Jenny - I am not sure why the stag is on the cover. I might have to re-read Glimmerglass before I start this. I don't remember it being mentioned.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara