In My Mailbox #24

Monday, May 2, 2011


In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

This weeks IMM is two weeks worth.  Last week I had family visiting, renovations and getting ready to go overseas (only a couple of days left).


FOR REVIEW:
The Dead I Know by Scot Gardner-  Aussie YA .  Thanks to Allen & Unwin.
Elemental by Tiffany Dominguez  (ebook) - YA paranormal.  Thanks to Tiffany.

GIFTED:
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach - YA debut author of 2011.  This is a ghost type of tale. 

BORROWED:
Grace by Elizabeth Scott - One of my favourite authors.  YA dystopia.   

BOUGHT:
Stay by Deb Caletti - Read this earlier this year and my own copy has arrived.  YA contemp and you can read my review here.
Released by Megan Duncan - (Kindle).  This is a post-apocalyptic story and debut YA author.
Redeeming Love: A Novel by Francine Rivers - (Kindle).  This adult historical romance and I am reading it as part of a group read.
So Over You by Gwen Hayes -  (Kindle) YA contemp.  Sounds like a cute love story.
Lemniscate by Jennifer Murgia - (Kindle)  Second book in the Angel Star series.  YA paranormal romance.






What did you get in your mailbox?

21 comments:

Julie said...

Great mailbox! I definitely want to read Released. Love the cover for Elemental. Happy reading :)

Misha said...

You've got some great books! I loved Wake Unto Me. I hope you enjoy it too.

Sharon said...

You got in a lot of books! All but Redeeming Love are new-to-me. I've enjoyed checking them out. Enjoy all your great books!

Mine is here:
http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/05/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox.html

danielle weiler said...

Redeeming Love is AMAZING! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Chel said...

Wake Unto Me is awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on Lemniscate, and So Over You looks great too. I loved Hayes' Falling Under so I might check this out soon. Happy reading!

The Procrastinator's Corner

Shannon The Bookstalker said...

I've heard Grace is such a powerful Dystopian and I really need to get my hands on a copy. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I also really want to read Wake Unto Me. Enjoy all you lovely books and happy reading!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Don't you just love it when you read an ARC and LOVE the book so much that you just have to own it. Happens to me all the time. :)

Gotta admit, I'm curious about Wake Unto Me. Looking forward to seeing your review for it.

Hope you enjoy this lot.

Jenny N. said...

I'm reading Wake Unto Me right now so will look out for your of it. Happy reading!

Cass said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on THE DEAD I KNOW. A gushy blurb by John Marsden? Plus, Aussie YA. I'm due for another shot anytime soon. :P

I'm waiting for STAY in paperback...I think. I had a swap ready with Holly but she never responded back, so I dunno.

I like seeing your non-YA stuff too. Reminds me that you're almost an eclectic reader. :P

Nina said...

Awesome books. Looking forward to your reviews. ;)

Leanna Elle said...

Great mailbox!

I can't wait to hear what you think of Wake unto me - I've been curious about that one!

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Yay for Stay and Grace, enjoy dearie :)

Asheley T. said...

These all sound great, but I want to say that Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is a life-changer. Seriously. I can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

Alix said...

GRACE is amazing, but so haunting and nothing like Elizabeth Scott's other books. I hope you love ti though.

I've heard great things about Stay - looking forward to your review :)

Anonymous said...

WOW- what a great list...Redeeming Love is one of my all time favs. You'll have to tell me what you thought...:)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Fabulous mailbox, Nic! I loved Stay, and I have Angel Star on my shelf right now...I need to read it so I can get to Lemniscate! :)

A Canadian Girl said...

You got Wake Unto Me too :) I've got Angel Star on my wishlist, and Grace is the only one of Scott's novels which I haven't read yet so let me know what you think of it.

Abbey said...

These look so good, i can't wait to see your review for stay and i'm quite intrigued about Grace and I'm so over you.
- abbey

Elodie said...

Awesome mailbox Nic =) !!
I can't wait to read Stay. I've heard it was awesome !! I didn't enjoy Wake Unto Me but I'm hoping you will though !! Happy reading ;)

Savannah said...

Horray! You've got Released! You'll love it. Also I love Wake Unto Me, great love story. Great book haul!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Such great books! I need to pick up my own copy of Stay one of these days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara