In My Mailbox #25

Sunday, May 22, 2011


In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Well this week I have lots of books since it has been 3 weeks.  Also yesterday I attended a library books sale.  So I picked up a bunch of bargains from there.


WON:
Divergent by Veronica Roth - YA dystopia 2011 debut.  Thanks to Brodie @ Eleusinian Mysteries and Harpers Collins.
The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan - YA thriller.  Thanks to Jacinda & Jasmine @ The Reading Housewives of Indiana.

BOUGHT:
Die For Me by Amy Plum - YA paranormal 2011 debut.  I have already read this but my copy has arrived.  Favourite read of mine.  You can check out my review here.
We Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - YA contemp and third book in the series.  Loved the other two (book #2 review will be posted tomorrow) and am excited to read the final book.
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John - (KINDLE) YA contemp.  Read this while I was away and it is a standout read.
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong - (KINDLE) YA supernatural.  Love Armstrong's books so looking forward to trying this new series. 

THROUGH TRADE:
Magic Hands by Jennifer Laurens - YA contemp.  Looks like a lot of fun.
The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti - YA contemp.  I am huge fan of Caletti even though her books are hit and miss

LIBRARY SALE:
I got a bunch of books mostly older Aussie titles including Wilful Blue by Sonya Harnett which I have been searching for.  Also Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.  All for $4.50.  I won't list them all but rather just show you a picture.

What did you get in your mailbox?

20 comments:

Jess - The Tales Compendium said...

Yay for buying a copy of Die For Me :D And I am so glad to hear you liked Five Flavors of Dumb! I love that book :)

A Canadian Girl said...

I loved Die For Me too and just looking at the book makes me want to read it again. Magic Hands looks interesting.

Ange said...

Dreamland looks like an interesting read! Hope you enjoy Die For Me, it's my next on TBR pile.

My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-7.html

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

Eep, one of these days I'll have to buy Five Flavors of Dumb, my library is SO slow in getting it in. I've read so many wonderful things about it, can't wait to read your review :) I hope you like The Gathering and Divergent~~ both were awesome! Also, Dreamland, it's the 'odd one out' for Dessen books but still so fab :) Happy reading nic!

Braiden said...

Grats on Divergent! Glad you were Brodie’s three, ‘cos somehow my three winners weren’t bloggers I think. I still have to read Violence 101 which I have on my shelf.

Alix said...

Oh enjoy! I hope you love Divergent, I think you will love it and Four *swoons* a little :)

Interested ot hear what you think of Die for Me I keep picking it up in the book shop and then not buying it, but I'm not sure what is putting me off. The irresistibly drawn thing I think :)

Misha said...

I've heard so much about Due For Me! Must read it soon.
Enjoy all your books!

Abbey said...

So many good books! I really want to read one of Sonya Hartnett's books. I cant wait for your review of Five flavours of dumb i've been contemplating buying it on kindle for ages and I'm interested to hear what you have to say about 'The gathering' by Kelley Armstrong.

Nina said...

Gosh I love LIBRARY SALES. ;) Enjoy the books you got.

Nomes said...

i have divergent and die for me too

am *so* impressed with your library stash :)

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I'm happy The Long Weekend came! I loved Divergent! Die For Me is also a favorite of mine so I bought my own copy. Love library sales!

Leanna Elle said...

I need to buy a finished copy of Die for Me too. I have an ARC, but I want a finished copy as it's one of my favourites!

Brodie said...

Yay! I'm glad Divergent arrived, hope you enjoy it :D You got a ton of awesome books this week! I loved Die For Me aswell <3 I really need to check out the Summer series, I've heard so many good things about those books. Happy reading!

Jenny N. said...

I love library sales as there's always a deal to be found. Hope you enjoy your new books!

Elodie said...

Awesome mailbox Nic !
We'll Always Have Summer is pure awesomeness, definitely my favorite book of the series !
I can't wait to read Divergent and Die For Me !
Happy reading ;)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh I need to go to our library's book store. I haven't been in too long. Great IMM! I want to read Divergent and I hope you enjoy Die for Me. I really liked that one.

Small Review said...

Nice mailbox! I'm so looking forward to reading Divergent and Die For Me. You scored with that library sale! Library sales are the best. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

Teddyree said...

Wow nice haul, I loved Die For Me too. Must check if I've purchased The Gathering because I do love Kelley Armstrongs writing. Happy reading :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I keep hearing amazing things about Divergent and Die For Me! I still can't believe I haven't gotten them for myself. Glad to know you thought Five Flavors of Dumb was good.

You totally scored at that library sale! So happy for you.

Julie said...

Great books!!! Happy reading :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara