My Book Boyfriend #16

Wednesday, May 4, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

Cam from Sea Swept
Sea Swept by Nora Roberts is one of my guilty pleasure reads, just pure romance.  I read this book (and the whole series) years ago and feel in love with the Quinn brothers.  Cam is a race car driver turned boat builder and a bad boy who can play the guitar a little.    He is described as "long and lean sort - ripped", "Some native American blood, perhaps,....sharp bones and bronzed skin.  Hair truly black...."  "Eyes the colour of bitter storm"  - in another word delicious!


He didn't speak, didn't dare, when her hands slid limply from his back to the bed.  He felt as if he'd tumbled off a cliff and fallen hard on his heart.  Now his heart was swollen, exposed.  And it was hers.


He brought his mouth back to hers, hungrier now, more possessive.  This time her sigh caught on a trembling gasp as he jerked her jacket off her shoulders and trapped her arms.  "I'm wanting the hell out of you.  Day and night."

"I've been real careful never to tell a woman I loved her - except my mother.  I didn't tell her often enough.  Take a chance on me, Anna, and I'll tell you as often as you can stand hearing it."



Thanks again to Missie for hosting this shirtless feature! 

20 comments:

Rubita said...

I ADORE the long and lean sort. Yum.

Jenny N. said...

I've only read 2 of Nora Roberts books. I love the model you picked...very yummy ;)

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

LOL yes, thank you for this shirtless feature!! xD I sincerely hope you never run out of pictures, Nic :P

Alix said...

Oh lala a abd boy who plays the guitar and has bitter storm eyes I need to read this one!

Must Love Books said...

Where in the world do you find all these pictures???? I was trying to find someone I think looks like Trent Kalamack from the Hollows series by Kim Harrison and couldn't find anything. I'm very impressed how you always have fantastic pictures!

Abbey said...

I love your pictures.. he fits perfectly to what i imagined Cam would look like.I have no idea where you find these great pictures but i always get excited when you post your book boyfriend!
p.s: I really liked this book, I might get on to the other 2 in the series.

Misha said...

Oh my! Love the pictures - I can never resist a guy who can play the guitar :D

Elodie said...

Looking forward to read this book now .. =)

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Oooh! Sounds like a marvelous guilty pleasure. And there's just something about a bad-boy type named Cam . . .

Anonymous said...

Is that Aaron O'Connell, the model? I'm almost sad I know that. I love this pic but at the same time, I nearly cried. Not that Cam isn't a totally normal name, but I am halfway done writing a novel and that's MY hero's name. Sigh. :)

Savannah said...

I have yet to read one of Nora Roberts books! I must now!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

*drools*

Another shirtless wet dream come true! Praise your internet skills, Nic! I don't know how you find all these hotties, but your good!

I'm so addicted to romance books right now so I just may have to meet Cam and the Quinn brothers for myself. ;)

Jenny said...

*major swoon* I just love Nora Roberts. I think I might have to come back and visit multiple times today just too look at those pretty pictures. Yum Nic:)

Amy said...

So romantic! Great pick!

Lesley said...

OMG who is he? He is absolutely perfect. I agree that Nora Roberts is a guilty pleasure read, sometimes that's exactly what I want- plain and simple romance. *sighs*

I love book boyfriend Wednesday so much!

My book boyfriend

Anonymous said...

Ooo awesome pick! I might have to check this book out soon. :)

My Book Boyfriend

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

*fans self* Oh thanks for those pics. I'm going to have to keep these pictures handy when I finally read that book. Nice!

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Nice pics! I'm loving this meme, all the yummy pictures ;)

melannie (: said...

I love Nora Roberts too! so romantic!

Just discovered your blog...

AND IT'S SOOOOO AWESOME!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I haven't read a Nora Roberts book, but if this is what the boys are like in her books...I think I need to read one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara