Die For Me by Amy Plum

Thursday, March 31, 2011


Die For Me by Amy Plum
Expected publication date: 10th May, 2011
Source: Thanks to HarperTeen (netgalley)

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. It introduces a new version of the undead with revenants, beings who are fated to sacrifice themselves over and over again to save others’ lives. Kate finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.

My Review:

LOVE this book!  Die For Me was one of my most anticipated reads of 2011, after hearing good things from a friend who read it early in the publishing stage. So as you can imagine I had high expectations and I can happily say they were exceeded.     

Plum's writing I couldn't get enough of it.  Her prose is beautiful and magnetic.  While the concept was truly unique and intriguing.  The pace was perfect allowing the beauty of this story to soak in, like the descriptions of the Paris setting ~sighs~.   Paris is one of my favourite cities in the world, so romantic and gorgeous.  And Die For Me being set there added some extra charm to this story.  Also it was a refreshing change from the usual high school setting.  There was talk of art, museums and sitting at Cafe' on the streets of Paris reading a book that will make you want to trade places with Kate (that and the kissing scenes with Vincent).        

The characters were fantastic.  What I loved most about Kate is she thought about the consequences before making a decision.  It was nice change from your typical heroine that rushes into everything.  She was smart, strong and genuine.   Vincent ~pâmoison~ (that is swoon in French...I hope).  Gorgeous, mysterious, sweet yet sexy and has a french accent.  What else could a girl want!

And the romance ~sighs again~.  If you are like me and are a complete romantic fool you are going to love Kate's and Vincent's relationship.  It was delicious yet tender.  Lots of  playful banter and yummy kissing scenes.   I could quote so many moments but I can't since this is an ARC (I will have to wait until a book boyfriend post).

Oh and if you hate those damn cliffhangers then you are going to love this beautiful ending that gave us a little something extra.  I wish that every series could end like this one.

Overall, Die For Me is an awesome debut that I want to read all over again.  It is a passionate and engaging read that I highly recommend for fans of paranormal romance.

Overall Rating: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Romance: 5/5
Cover: 5/5

For More Info: Visit Amy Plum's website

For More reviewsGoodreads

28 comments:

Jess - The Tales Compendium said...

Fantastic review Nic! I'm so glad you weren't disappointed after all the hype. I'm just about to start this after also getting a netgalley copy :) Can't Wait!

Steph: Short and Sweet said...

Sounds good!!! Can't wait to get it. It sounds like the book that has a bit of everything :)

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

This is in my next in line shelf, and everything I read about this book gets me more and more excited for it. I can't wait to read it!

Nomes said...

you completely sold me on this. not an easy thing to do with paranormal. now I really cant wait!

awesome review. I am always envious of how well you review ~ awesome balance of professional and personal and full or heart and passion :)

Jan von Harz said...

I definitely sensed a Book Boyfriend post in the future for Vincent. I have seen this book around a lot lately and definitely have it on my wish list. The Paris setting was enough to make me want to read it, but now after reading your description of Kate Vincent (sigh) I am getting this one pre-order now.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Smart heroine+romance=WIN! I was going to start reading this yesterday, but for some reason every other Netgalley book was downloaded on my Kindle besides this one. I'll have to try again, haha. Great review Nic!

Misha said...

AMAZING review, Nic! It makes me want to read the E-Galley immediately! I was a little afraid of being disappointed but now I know will like the book too :)

Elodie said...

WOW !! You seem to have loved it !! I'm even more excited to read this one now !! I've heard it was set in Paris (awesomeness!!) !! Thanks for the review Nic

Cass said...

Very well said. Yeah you couldn't have written this review better. (Y) I can't wait to read it!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

This review is so romantic! ~pâmoison~

Yes! I need more ways to say swoon! I'm so glad to hear your anticipations met your expectations. I've seen the gorgeous cover around but this is the first time I read a review for it. Now I'm eagerly anticipating it, especially because I love banter and endings that leave you wanting more. Awesome review Nic! Can't wait to see your version of Vincent.

Jenny said...

I am a complete and utter romantic fool and now I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to read Kate and Vincent! So good romance, strong characters, and a fabulous ending? Must. Read. Now:)

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Yayayaay! I can't wait to read this one! I adore a good French accent, and Kate sounds like a heroine we can admire - love that she doesn't barrel head into things. Thanks for the thorough and intriguing review, Nic - can't wait!

Jess - The Tales Compendium said...

Ok scrap my previous comment, I've just finished it! So awesome! Total love :D

Leanna Elle said...

I'm a total romantic fool and I agree with everything you said on this one. Loved it!

Vincent - Oooh la la! ;)

Jenny N. said...

Now I'm excited. You know I'm a romance junkie and the more I heard about Die For Me the more I want to read it.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Ohhhhh you had me at SWOON! This one sounds fabulous, and I love the idea of a character with a brain that actually works! Fab review, Nic :)

Alix said...

Oooh as I am a complete romantic fool this sounds like a must read. Great review.

Julie said...

I can't wait to read this! *claps* This is one of my most anticipated reads! Oh I like that -- the beauty of the story soaks you in. An ending that gives us something a little extra? Cool! Fab review!

Dazzling Mage said...

I wasn't sure about this at first, but I'm happy to see positive reviews about it! And I cannot wait for the Book Boyfriend post! =D

Kat said...

Your review has made me excited for this one! I love Paris and the revenants sound like a cool taste on zombies, so this should be a win for me, too. Going to request it on netgalley... thanks for the review!

Savannah said...

So jealous you read this! I am still waiting to be approved! (taps foot impatiently) but great review! Super excited to read it!!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Woo Hoo! I have this one on my tbr and was hoping it was going to be as good as it sounds. Oh, I can't wait to get to it!

Marg said...

Sounds good, and the cover is gorgeous! Off to see if I can get my hands on it!

Rachel said...

Hmm. I wasn't sure about this one, but your review has me thinking I should give it a chance. It actually sounds like something I'd like. Great review, Nic!

It's a Book Thing said...

Great Review! Thank you for stopping by the blog to say hi!

Great review - thank you

A Canadian Girl said...

Yay, I have this one from NetGalley and now can't wait to read it. It looks like I'm going to love the characters and romance and there's no cliffhanger either. Thanks for the review, Nic!

Small Review said...

I'm swooning over your review! I hope I enjoy this book as much as you did. It sounds so good. Thanks for the info about the ending, too. I like that there's no cliffhanger. Finally!

Teddyree said...

Squeal I have this one and after seeing your review I cannot wait. *sigh* and a beautiful ending, sounds perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara