My Book Boyfriend #8

Wednesday, March 9, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

Nathan
from Psych Major Syndrome

"It wasn't just Nathan's timing that took me aback.  He had answered the door wearing only a pair of low slung jeans, his chest bare except for the acoustic guitar strapped across it.  I'm loyal to Andrew and everything, but let me tell you - Nathan has a nice chest."



Here are some important facts about Nathan:
* Can sing and play the guitar
* Walks around shirtless
* Has a crooked smile
* Has dark tousled hair that you want to run your fingers through
* Is a math major
* Loves his Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for breakfast
* And is a genuine good guy

Favourite Quotes:

"To my surprise, Nathan started singing along, as well.  And even more surprisingly...he sounded really, really good.  His voice was low and warm, wrapping around each word and somehow making "Hollaback Girl" sound like something an old crooner could have sung.  Well, until he sang along to the whole "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" part.  Even Chris Isaak couldn't make that sexy."

"I trailed off, and Nathan eyes searched mine.  And somehow, even though I hadn't fully formed the last sentence in my head and in all truth had no idea what I was about to say, I felt like he understood."

"He'd closed his eyes, and when they opened again they were a dark hunter-green, almost black.  I could see the war within them, but then his hands came up to cup my face, and I felt a wave of triumph as he pulled me closer, slanting his mouth over mine."

~Swoon~
What do you think of Nathan?
Thanks again to Missie for hosting this meme.

30 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Any guy who sings Hollaback Girl is my freaking hero! What a hottie!

Nic, you always pick the best pictures. You did Nathan's nice chest and crooked smile proud. I'm drooling all over myself.

Diana said...

totally hottie! who's this model in real life?

Aleeza said...

OMG! he sound sooo much like patrick from fixing delilah (and we both know how much you liked him :P). i have to read this book!

Rachel said...

You're review already made me want to read this book, and now this? It's definitely been bumped up the list! haha And I think I said this last week, but holy crap, where do you find the pics? They're all smokin'.

Misha said...

I like guys who play the guitar! I am terrible at Math, so it's great that he's a Math major :D I am sure I will love his crooked smile too, once I read the book.

Nomes said...

he's mine too.

you out-did yourself again this week Nic :)

And I re-read all the quotes twice. For some reason, I am addicted to Nathan in that book.

Also, LOVE when Leigh tells Nathan he has a nice chest, LOL. Such an awesome awkward little moment. ADORE that scene :D

A.J. said...

゚¬゚ *drools* AMG HAWT! Must read this book!
Seriously, Nic, you find the best pics.
I think it's so adorable that he loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I want some now!

Anonymous said...

Um, I think I'm in love! Nice pick.

Savannah said...

Great book boyfriend!! I have not heard of the book but I will have to read it now!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Great book boyfriend! I haven't heard of the book but he sounds like he was a great read :)

Amy said...

I think I have to add this book to my wishlist now! Great pick! ;)

Miss Page-Turner said...

I am already loving him!!!!! Why haven't I read or even heard of him or this novel before? I feel like immediately buying+ reading it!

Miss Page-Turner said...

P.S. And you always come up with more than HOT pictures! Stop that!:D

Anonymous said...

I'm melting with those quotes!!!

Jenny said...

Swoon is right, consider me a Nathan fan! And your choice of pictures seems to fit perfectly *stares*. I thoroughly enjoy your choice this week Nic!

bibliophile brouhaha said...

That man you picked is a wet dream straight out of an Abercrombie catalog. Damn. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. AND the character plays the guitar???? I'm sold. I wanted to read this before, but now I am completely sold.

Elodie said...

You've got this talent to find hotties Nic !! I need this book =)

Jan von Harz said...

Your guy has that crooked smile nice job finding him. Definitely want to read this book, when it is released in the US.

Anonymous said...

WHO is that man? Holy crap that smile is very sexy....:D

Nina said...

Where can I get me a Nathan??

Anonymous said...

WOW...I knew nothing about this book until a friend pointed it out to me on goodreads and to your site...Thanks for selling this to me...I cant wait to read this one!!!

Jenny N. said...

LOL now I have a picture of him walking around shirtless everywhere.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

WANT. Look at that shirtless bod! Perfect pick, Nic :)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh yes... Please! I need some of that. Oh yes.. nice chest. :)

Small Review said...

Haha, I thought so! He sounds great. Is it strange that the Cinnamon Toast Crunch part is standing out almost as much as the likes to walk around shirtless part? I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm hungry :P

A Canadian Girl said...

Swoon indeed :)

nicole said...

any guy who you can list an attribute as 'walks around shirtless' deserves boyfriend status.

i may have to read this little book.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

You just reviewed this book the other day and now I want to read it even more! :)

Tevya said...

He sounds yummy! I'd like to get to know him better. :)

Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

Leanna Elle said...

I loved your review of this one, and this guy is totally dreamy! I must know Nathan ASAP!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara