My Book Boyfriend #11

Wednesday, March 30, 2011



My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

Bones from The Night Huntress Series

This week's pick is inspired by Missie.  She said her vampires were missing her so I thought I would spend some time with them.   I just finished This Side of The Grave and it was a fun and steamy read.  Thanks for sharing your vampires Missie!

Even in his trademark black pants with a casual white pullover, Bones stood out like a jewel among rocks with his finely molded features and tall, sculpted frame.  Every move of his body sent ripples along those lean muscles, and his flawless crystal skin practically dated people to see if it felt as good as it looked - which it did.  Even when we'd first met and I plotted to kill him.  Bones' looks had turned my head.  In that was he was a perfect predator, enticing his prey to come close enough to bite.

(Bones in the first book bleached his hair blonde but I much prefer him as a brunette as per the later books)

Dangerous, sexy, powerful, quick witted, confident, sinfully delicious and can make any girl blush.  Bones is one of my favourite vampires.

Quotes

"Before we go, I gotta know: If mind-reading abilities are real, there's something else I wondered if fiction got right about vampires-"
"Ask me if I sparkle and I'll kill you where you stand," Bones cut him off with utmost seriousness."

"No matter what happens, you will never lose me, I am forever yours, Kitten, in this life or the next."

I think this’ll definitely tide me over while we’re apart,”Bones laughed, dragging me into his arms with far more strength and quickness than was fair, considering I still had trouble making my limbs operate.
“Oh, Kitten,” he murmured as his lips dragged down my throat. “You didn’t really think we were done, did you?"


What do you think of Bones?

Thanks again to Missie for hosting this meme!

32 comments:

Nomes said...

niiiiiiiiiiiiice

Nomes said...

also, you are turning me into a pervert :)

Belle said...

I haven't read this series, but now I think I must. HOT!

Misha said...

"Even in his trademark black pants with a casual white pullover, Bones stood out like a jewel among rocks with his finely molded features and tall, sculpted frame."
Wow! :D I think I might be in love....

Alix said...

"Ask me if I sparkle and I'll kill you" Haha I like him! Doesn't hurt that he is hot either ;) Nice quotes and picks I do LOVE this meme!

Jan von Harz said...

OK now those quotes have got me all steamed and flustered. I think I need to read more of the books you read!

Leanna Elle said...

Mmmm...he's yummo!

You are turning me into a pervert too! Lol!

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

Nic, I always love your "My Book Boyfriend" posts. They all make me want to read the book.

I felt a bit hesitant to start this series, but now I'm definitely looking forward to reading it :)

I also love that you provide a link to goodreads. I always get annoyed when I have to look for it myself, because I'm lazy. So, thank you for that, too.

The Reading Housewives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Deleted the last comment because I was signed into the wrong account, lol.

Love the last quote! I started picturing Bones as David Beckham ever since I talked to Linds @ Bibliophile Brouhaha on Twitter. David already has the English accent, so it works, lol.

Savannah said...

OMG! BONES! I LOVE THEE! Great pick!! I really do love this guy. My husband still can't believe that he is actually jealous of a person who doesn't actually exist.(But let me tell you, he soooo exist in my mind, LOL!!)

Kylie1403 said...

Can he be my book boyfriend too?? hehe *HOT*

I stopped by after your VERY generous offer on GR. and your blog is AWESOME!! *follows* hehe

Anonymous said...

I know everyone loved this series but I couldn't get past the fact that Bones = Spike from Buffy. I mean, straight up! BUT, he was uber hot and it did keep me reading. :)

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Bones! He is such a good pick: faithful, fun, and so in love it makes you ache :) I am just glad Vlad is still single for the time being LOL

Anonymous said...

LMAO! "Ask me if I sparkle" HA HA HA! Love the quotes, love the guy! Great choice <3

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

BONES! nummy nummy! And as usual, you found the perfect specimen to portray him. Gawd, I need to train under you in Webfu!

*runs back to drool over HAWT pics*

A Canadian Girl said...

Lol, I love the quote referring to Twilight. I don't read adult novels but I have scrolled through the pages of the first book I think just to see what the fuss around this series was about. Bones is definitely book boyfriend material!

Jenny said...

Oh dear Heaven. BONES! *dies* I love that vampire like nobody's business. Is there anyone hotter? I don't think so:) You have might fine taste Nic!

Jenny said...

*mighty* not *might* I can't type:)

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, loooooooooves. And I totally agree with you that he's better as a brunette! I love these books, and although Vlad is forever first in my heart, Bones a right-up-his-butt second. And I really think you picked the perfect guy to portray him - my heart just jack hammered sitting here!

But, for real, we have to talk - you CANNOT have both Bones AND Rhino . . . we must work out some sort of compromise :)

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes..that was just to much man!!

-petit said...

I've the first book of this series in my TBR pile for a looong time, and I just read 30 pages, but I already love Bones! <3 and after this MBB, i'm going to move this book to the top, because i want more hahahahahahha

My Book Boyfriend

Jenny N. said...

I've seen a couple other bloggers choose him already which makes me want to know more about Bones and the books.

Dazzling Mage said...

Lol! Omg, that glitter quote is just.. awesome. XD Poor vamps fighting the sparkle stereotype. XD

Kat said...

Bones sounds JUST like Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! I've never read this series, but I'm a huge fan of Buffy... is it just me, Nic? Maybe I'm full of it and have no idea what I'm talking about. :) Either way, I love the quotes!

Anonymous said...

Ooo nice pick there for the actor/guy and oh, Bones. I need to get back to that series.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

LOL Nomes!
sinfully delicous? haha, yes yes yes. :p And the sparkle-quote? awesomesauce! :)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Nice Bones. I've never seen a pic that mirrors my image of him, but this one isn't bad. I'll take a piece of that! ;D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

BONES! Sold. Can we share again?! I swear you pick all my boyfriends ;)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD BONES!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 x 19480841


You, my fellow book reviewer, have AMAZING taste. :)

Michelle (Reading Lark) said...

I love this one! I did My first Book Boyfriend post today, and if you're interested find it here:

Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

Book Passion for Life said...

This series is awesome. I miss Bones!
Amazing model find, he's how I picture Bones, except with the voice of Spike from Buffy.
Thanks for sharing this!
Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara