Waterfall Wednesday - Week 2 - Chapters 7 to 11

Wednesday, September 7, 2011



Waterfall Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tina's Book ReviewEdgy Inspirational RomanceSupernatural SnarkThe Unread Reader and me.  For the period August 31st to September 28th each week we re-read chapters from Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren and answer five questions.  To find out more on this awesome event visit Tina's Books Reviews

1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Forelli and Castello Paratore.  At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?

I don't think the rivalry is really warranted.  I think Castello Paratore is just being greedy whereas Forelli is just protecting their own.  However, it is something that will never change (although I wish it would).  People will always fight over wanting more than they need.  Even today we have wars over territory.

2.  Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better.  Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another?  What are some of your favourite remedies?

Yes, I have definitely used home remedies.  I have eczema and when I first got it as a teenage it was really bad.  My legs were covered and not a clear spot.  So my sister and I made this homemade paste of oatmeal, milk and water and it soothed my skin.   Even today I usual a natural cream from the chemist which is made for an oatmeal based mix.

3.  Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword.  What did you think of this development?  Has you initial impression of Gabi changed?  Do you have any secret skills?

I loved the fact that Gabi was able to physically take care of herself!  It made her more confident and gave me another reason to admire her strength and courage as a character.  I wish I had a secret skill but unfortunately I can't think of one.

4.  "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin."  Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir.  What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far?  What do you think of his intended?

I was definitely swooning over Marcello.  I love that he is a genuine good guy and the fact that he is a knight just makes him even sexier.  I didn't like Lady Rossi at all.  I don't think she has a good heart. 

5.  Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana.  Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for?  Do you like to dance?  Do you know any cool dance moves?  Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video.  Come on, it will be fun!

Ohhhhh I would loved to attend the ball especially if I got to dance with Marcello.  There was something so romantic about a ball and getting to dress up in a gorgeous gown (although I am sure it was uncomfortable).  I am not a huge dancer myself.  I get a bit shy but I think dancing with a partner back then would be easier as you have set moves and you are not all alone out there.   There is no way Missie that you could get me to YouTube myself dancing.   However my dance moves go a little like this: 
Smiley



Thank you to Missie from The Unread Reader for this week's questions.
To sign up for this week and go into the draw win the trilogy set of this series also visit The Unread Reader.

Also one of my favourite bloggers Small Book Reviews is also having an amazing River of Time Series giveaway.  Visit her blog to enter! Do it now! You must read this series!

31 comments:

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

Fabian just gets stronger & better with each chapter. i totally would have leaned in for the kiss. And I wouldn't have had the strength to tell Marcello to go for his iwn good. I am not that selfless.

Katie Marie said...

LOL, love your little dancing guy! :-P Very cute.

I agree with your assessment of Lady Rossi. Totally unlikeable!

Serena Chase said...

Good answers, all! And I love how you compare people fighting because the are "wanting more than they have" to the fight over territory. So true!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I am laughing so hard at your dancing banana! That is brilliant!
I didn't know that oatmeal was good for skin- I have learnt something new today!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm- I may need to go out and buy a truck load of oatmeal...;D

And I agree about Lady R- she is bad....I even thought she was bad before all the bad......

Lisa said...

It's true that a lot of wars today are still fought over properties. You'd think we'd learn from past mistakes but I guess not. Your home remedy of oatmeal paste reminded me that my mom used to put an oatmeal paste on my sister and I when we'd get a rash or poison ivy. It worked great.

Rebecca (RivkaBelle) said...

I think we all want to dance with Marcello...mmm...I think I could handle the dresses okay too - can't be too different comfort-level than the bridesmaids dress I wore last year (but covering more, LOL), and I managed to dance in that ;o)

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I wish that I had a secret skill too!!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Julie said...

I agree, a ballroom dance with all the dressing up and the couples all doing the same moves would be fun. Good answers!

Jenny said...

I loved that Gabi just picks up a sword and goes to town, not waiting around for the knights to jump in front of her or protect her. Makes me wish I had some self-defense skills like that. Maybe I should take a class:) And Lady Rossi is someone I didn't like from the start either:)

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Balls are very romantic! :) you are right! just like weddings and school dances can be!

Savannah said...

Love these questions. My son has ezcema too. I have to give him an oatmeal bath at least once a month. Home remedies always works the best. I thought that Gaby is extremly smart for doing such a thing.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

hahahaha! OMG! I just want to eat that little guy. :P

And you do have an amazing skill of casting book boys...How you do it? I'd love to know. LOL

Dancing at a ball with Marcello...that would be *le sigh*

Gina @ My Precious said...

I'm surprised by how many readers actually support the war between these two families. I just hate fighting because in the end so many innocent lives are claimed. I just don't feel that sort of sacrifice was worth the land gained.

YA Book Queen said...

Love that little dancing guy!

I'll have try out the oatmeal thing, I've heard that works really well. I recently started getting patches of eczema on my hands/arms, and I'm down for anything that helps more naturally than the medicine I've currently got :D

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

LOL No fair using a dancing banana!

Oatmeal is good. I so need to read this! *sigh*

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

LOL Love the banana :)

I don't have a secret skill either...

Lesley said...

Mental note to self- buy oatmeal, I'm loving all these home remedies today.

A Canadian Girl said...

He he, that little banana is so cute. I totally agree with you; I think people fighting over trying to get more is a problem that we'll always have.

Anonymous said...

*grins* this series keeps climbing to the top of my buying list :D

:D

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Great answers, Nic. Thanks for weighing in again this week! I think I long for ANY era where we dance together, and sing together. There's something about music that is so unifying, and I think we've lost something vital, at least over here in the States. Maybe it's different in Oz?

Aylee said...

I'm coming to love Gabi and her independence and confidence as well. I wish I could be as capable as her if I were ever in her situation! I love your banana dance :)

Small Review said...

hahaaha I love your banana dance! Thank you so much for linking to my giveaway!

I agree, Lady Rossi has a rotten heart.

Rubita said...

I want to hug your little dancing banana.

No, wait, I just meant I thought it was cute. I didn't mean it to sound so...wrong. Whoops.

Bailey said...

I just got this one in the mail yesterday and can't wait to read it. =)

mrs_laura_koehler said...

I forgot about an oatmeal bath you reminded me of that. I used to take them when i got poision oak or ivy or bad mesqeto bites. I love Marcello too what a great guy. I hope Gabi gets a chance to end up with him :) Love the dancing banana :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Honestly, the praise for this series never ceases to amaze me! I really need to read it! Great Q and A, girl! :)

Jo Anna said...

Holy cow is he hot!!!!!!!!!! Me likey!

IdentitySeeker said...

I enjoyed your responses to this week's questions. Your post helped me learn a new remedy to soothe eczema- thank you: I know a few people who will benefit from this knowledge.

I share your views on Lady Rossi. Besides, the competition must be eliminated *evil grin*.

Lol at the animated dance moves- I'm not much of a dancer either:)

Looking forward to next week!

Sarah

Blogger said...

FreedomPop is Britian's first ABSOLUTELY FREE mobile communications provider.

With voice, text & data plans are provided for £0.00/month (100% FREE CALLS).

Movers in Doha said...

The character is all good in shape and fits the story. Such a wonderful content to be read and enchanted about.

While the shifting day comes everything is very much hassle and stressing. All of us would like to have an expert who would do it all for us in the most convenient and the best manner. Technology has made all processes advanced, even Moving and relocating process taking it to the advanced level.

Moving now is one of the best packers and movers company in Qatar. People who are relocating and moving around during this season of Corona and need in help of relocating. MovingNow is readily available for helping them to relocate anywhere, anytime.

Movers Qatar
Movers Doha
Movers in Qatar
Movers in Doha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara