Waterfall Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tina's Book Review, Edgy Inspirational Romance, Supernatural Snark, The Unread Reader and me. For the period August 31st to September 28th each week we re-read chapters from Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren and answer five questions. To find out more on this awesome event visit Tina's Books Reviews.
1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
I don't think the rivalry is really warranted. I think Castello Paratore is just being greedy whereas Forelli is just protecting their own. However, it is something that will never change (although I wish it would). People will always fight over wanting more than they need. Even today we have wars over territory.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favourite remedies?
Yes, I have definitely used home remedies. I have eczema and when I first got it as a teenage it was really bad. My legs were covered and not a clear spot. So my sister and I made this homemade paste of oatmeal, milk and water and it soothed my skin. Even today I usual a natural cream from the chemist which is made for an oatmeal based mix.
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has you initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I loved the fact that Gabi was able to physically take care of herself! It made her more confident and gave me another reason to admire her strength and courage as a character. I wish I had a secret skill but unfortunately I can't think of one.
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
I was definitely swooning over Marcello. I love that he is a genuine good guy and the fact that he is a knight just makes him even sexier. I didn't like Lady Rossi at all. I don't think she has a good heart.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun!
Ohhhhh I would loved to attend the ball especially if I got to dance with Marcello. There was something so romantic about a ball and getting to dress up in a gorgeous gown (although I am sure it was uncomfortable). I am not a huge dancer myself. I get a bit shy but I think dancing with a partner back then would be easier as you have set moves and you are not all alone out there. There is no way Missie that you could get me to YouTube myself dancing. However my dance moves go a little like this:
Thank you to Missie from The Unread Reader for this week's questions.
To sign up for this week and go into the draw win the trilogy set of this series also visit The Unread Reader.