My Book Boyfriend #18

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

This week's book boyfriend is
Dimitri from Vampire Academy


Mmmmm.....Dimitri. I think we all know this brown hair, dark brown eyes, 6"6 tall, duster wearing, strong, smart, loyal, sexy guy.

"Roza, my self-control is ten times stronger than yours."
I opened my eyes, shifting to look into his. I brushed his hair back and smiled, certain my heart would expand and expand until there was nothing left of me.
"Oh yeah? That's not the impression I just got."
"Wait until next time," he warned. "I'll do things that'll make you lose control within seconds."


Don't touch her," he growled.
There was a note in his voice that would of scared me if it had been directed toward me. He shoved me behind him, putting his body protectively in front of mine with my back to the table. Guardians came at us from all directions,and Dimitri began dispatching them with the same deadly grace that had once made people call him a god." 


We can't..." he told me.
"I know," I agreed.

Then his mouth was on mine again, and this time, I knew there would be no turning back. There were no walls this time. Our bodies wrapped together as he tried to get my coat off, then his shirt, then my shirt. ... It really was a lot like when we'd fought out on the quad earlier-that same passion and heat. I think at the end of the day, the instincts that power fighting and sex aren't so different. They all come from an animal side of us.

(Dimitri never played the guitar but this picture was too hot not to include)

  "No," Dimitri interrupted gently. He moved his face toward mine, our foreheads nearly touching. "It won't happen to you. You're too strong. You'll fight it, just like you did this 
time."
"I only did because you were here." He wrapped his arms around me, and I buried my face in his chest. "I can't do it by myself," I whispered.
"You can," he said. There was a tremulous note in his voice. "You're strong—you're so, so strong. It's why I love you."

What do you think of Dimitri?


Thanks again to Missie for hosting this meme.

36 comments:

Belle said...

Hell yes! I love Dimitri! I have a half-finished draft post on Dimitri that I was going to use for My Book Boyfriend in the next few weeks, hehe. I pictured him as a dark-eyed Ian Somerhalder (ok I'm kinda obsessed with him), but your guy is amazing! Just beautiful. Phwoar.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

I never really had a clear picture of Dimitri in my head, but might I say this post sure helps... a lot ;) Even if I'm an Adrian type of gal... *temporarily forgets Adrian and stares at the pictures*

A Canadian Girl said...

Oh, Dimitri ... Love the quotes and hot pics! I wouldn't mind if this post was a little longer ;) I need someone picking Adrian as a book boyfriend too now just so I can look at more eye candy from the Vampire Academy series.

Diana said...

Oh. My. God.

where on earth did you find this sexy piece of man?! I can DEFINITELY see him as Dimitri! WOW!.... just, wow.

Unknown said...

I have not read Vampire Academy but if It means that there is a sexy man to fall in love with, I am SO down to read it

Jan von Harz said...

You do have a knack for finding beautiful men for these posts. I have not read Vampire Academy but reading these quotes makes me realize I am missing out. Dimitri is definitely smoldering.

Abbey said...

Oh wow Dimitri sounds so amazing!
Iv'e read the first book in the series and started the second one but i just forgot about it, i think i will have to start reading it again because i'm looking forward to some rose and Dimitri scenes!.
Also the model you chose is so attractive it should be illegal haha
I still don't now where you find these pictures...
And another thing the quotes are very melt worthy.
Another great book boyfriend you've chosen, cant wait till next wednesday.
- Abbeys bookshelf

Must Love Books said...

I think Dimitri SHOULD play the guitar. Think how sexy the western loving, vampire slaying, duster wearing, gorgeous russian man would be playing the guitar. Yum.

Book Passion for Life said...

OMG!! Thank you for this Nic! Dimitri is one of my most prized book boyfriends. Amazing MBB this week. I've pictured Dimitri in so many male models, actors etc...but this guy is extremely close. Extremely.
Thank you!
Jessica

Wendy Darling said...

I've always been torn between Adrian and Dimitri because I like them both equally for different reasons. I've never once been enamored of the pictures that other people have posted for what they think Dimka looks like, but *yours* is beeyootiful! Who IS that? And why have I never seen him before?

Tina G said...

~drools~ Twinie! He looks so delicious!!

The first pic is my fav;)

twinie Tina~

Anonymous said...

Oh.
He sounds hot.
I confess I have never read this series, but Dimitri might just be worth it.

:D

Misha said...

OMG Those pictures!!! He looks so yummy!
I have just read the first book but I loved Dimitri!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Okay, you need to tell me which hot, shirtless men site you get these pictures from because Oh Em SWOON!

And yes, those quotes made me lose control within seconds!

Savannah said...

Oh Dimitri! I love this guy. He may have made me agnry at times, but I still want him!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness Nic. Are you trying to kill me? First you pick Dimitri, then you post pictures of that man. Whoa. *pets screen*

Jenny N. said...

I so need to finish this series. I've only read the first two books.

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Oh. Wow. That one with guitar - I have a blush and drool combo going on here. Delightful post, Nic! Truly yum.

Whoa, must stop staring. Immediately. Right now. Okay, for real. . .

Lesley said...

I love Dimitri and the pictures are amazing. Who is he? He is soooo gorgeous.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I love Dimitri! Plus I'm now totally drooling over your choice of pictures for him! Nice!

Lisa said...

Dimitri has to be one of my all time favorite characters. When I heard talk of a movie I went on youtube to see who everyone's choices for Dimitri would be. I didn't find one that I liked. All of them were cute but no one epitomized the Dimitri I imagined...until now. Great Job with this gorgeous man!

Anonymous said...

Your book boyfriend has just scandalized my eyes!!!


wow. wow. uh wow.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

UM... DAYUM!

Loving all the shirtless pics. Excuse me... I must wipe the drool off the floor.

Rummanah Aasi said...

*Is Dazzled* Um, yeah, I SO have to read this series!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Dimitri is like the Mr. Darcy of vampires. WANT.

Alix said...

La sigh! Gorgeous photos, great quotes - love it!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

OHMYGAWD!!! That is the perfect Dimitri!!! Seriously! Great picking Nic!

Anonymous said...

DIMITRI <3 <3 <3 What else can I say? He should be everyone's book boyfriend. :::Sigh:::

Leanna Elle said...

Ah, Dimka! One of my faves. Yum! Do a post on Adrian and Christian next. lol!

Unknown said...

Oooooh Dimitri <3
A russian badass what else?

He is one of my favorite male character :)

채흔의♥동방신기 said...

Oh. My. Gawd. I think I just fainted.

*Melissa* said...

OMg i love Dimitri so much, i had pictured Andrei Andrei but this man is yummy and the personifcation of DIMITRINESS.All thhose lines bring me back and make my heart stop and flutter. great choices, btw he's my book boyfriend lol!

*Melissa* said...

Im gonna make a post about this on my blog, so people can see dimitris yummyness!

Luciana_Jansen said...

Ok, I always pictured Taylor Kitsch as Dimitri (yummy!), but this guy is totally hot! He can be Dimitri..He definitely looks like a God...Sex God even. Gawd.

Nicholsrizm said...

I have not read Vampire Academy but if It means that there is a sexy man to fall in love with, I am SO down to read it

Anonymous said...

buy propecia can you buy propecia in canada - propecia finasteride

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara