My Book Boyfriend #21

Wednesday, June 22, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is hosted by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader.

This week's pick is 
Jake from Saving June

He is taller than me be a good half a head, and he looks lean and hard.  Compact.  His messy, light brown hair sticks out in all directions, hike he's hacked at it on his own with a pair of scissors.


Jake ticks all the boxes for me - plays guitar, sings, has a snarky attitude, is a bit rough around the edges and may be shirtless a little bit in the book LOL!

Everyone goes quiet as he begins to play.  His singing is strong and clear, fingers finding the right chords with ease, eyes fixed on his hands.  Shadows thrown from the fire play across his face while he sings about the day the music died in this plaintive, striking voice.  Watching him, I can see how connected to the music he is.  The guitar is like an extension of himself.




He moves so his mouth is right under my ear, brushing the skin there and one of his hands slides up resting on my rib cage.  My whole body tingles as he starts to sing softly  into my ear.  


"Hey."  His other hand reaches out, pushing a stray lock of hair off of my face and behind my ear.  "You're not, you know."
"Not what?" My voice is barely a whisper.  My heart races wildly, like I've just finished a ten-mile marathon.  Jake shifts forward so that his face is only inches from mine.  If he moved forward just a fraction, our mouths would be touching.
"Made of metal," he says.


Up close I get a better view; there's no denying the fact he is really, really good-looking, in this rakish, edgy, badass, I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-screw-you-I-don't-need-a-mirror kind of way.  He has these piercing, unbelievably green eyes that are as gorgeous and sharp as the rest of him; it's like they can see straight through me.



What do you think of Jake? 
Tomorrow I will be posting my review for Saving June.
Followed by an interview with Hannah Harrington next week.

Thanks to Missie for hosting this meme.

*** In the comments sections I get asked a lot where do I find these delicious guys.  Well I find them at...... sorry I can't tell you.  It is like my secret power!  And I would also like to say a big thank you to Readventure who sent me this lovely birthday card a couple of weeks ago (I kept forgetting to show it off).



36 comments:

Jess - The Tales Compendium said...

Oh man I love Jake *swoon*
I'm going to put a link to this in my review of Saving June :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Ha! You do have a secret power, and I feel like the evil villain who is desperate to find out how you do it, especially since you always find a yummy shirtless picture!

I've been dying to read Saving June since reading nomes's review. Dying! I can't wait to meet Jake. Thanks for sharing so many quotes. At least I have those to hold me over until I can read the book! Hopefully soon.

Belle said...

Oh my. He is beautiful. And those quotes made my insides go a bit wobbly.
You ARE like the superhero of finding hot men... The Pervenator!

Alix said...

Swoon!

Love the pictures and absolutely adore the quotes, especially the description of Jake

Looking forward to your review, I can't wait for this one, I would say hurry up November except that would mean Summer was over :) Wish they'd bump the release date up, ah well guess it can be my Xmas present to myself.

Jess - The Tales Compendium said...

haha The Pervenator! Love it!

Misha said...

Another reason to read Saving June! :) Jake is a hottie and those are some gorgeous pictures.

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

I blame Nomes for this intense wave of jealousy i'm feeling about you are hanging out with this amazingly attractive-sounding guy and i'm sitting here across the pond (or is it ocean, with you aussie folks?) all by my lonesome (well, with the company of tom, adam, four, and ryan, i guess). Seriously, nomes. NOT COOL
And nic... those pictures... *fans self* i loove the quotes you included. AGHHHHHHH

Unknown said...

I almost couldn't contain myself! marry me jake?

Book Passion for Life said...

Wow! He's hot! I haven't read these books, but I think I will now! Great post Nic!
Jess

Abbey said...

I'm loving jake so much, i think its just a known fact that basically any guy with the name Jake is usually really hot.
i have to say i have a soft spot for guitar players as i am one myself so i'm liking the fact that he sings and plays as well.
the quotes are amazing as always and i really need to read this book!
and ahh the pictures, he is so attractive its sickly!
great post!
- abbeys bookshelf

Jan von Harz said...

Love Jake and really have to read this book. Also very envious of your super power. You cannot believe how long it takes me to match a pic with a character. Lets just say I can spend hours and so need a super power like you have.

Tina G said...

~screams like a fan girl~ OMG!! That black and white t-shirt and jeans is PERFECT! They are all amazing pics twinie!!

Mannnn! Your making me want to read this all over again!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

LOL Belle! Pervenator is an interesting nickname. I would say I am more appreciating than perving but I guess they are the same thing!!!

Belle said...

LOL yes but I couldn't come up with anything that had quite the same ring ;) You help us all to perve hehe :D

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I'm planning on reading this is July! Can't wait to get started on it!

Savannah said...

How about jack play nice and come save Savannah! LOL!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I'm bad :)

A Canadian Girl said...

You're such a tease making us think you were going to tell where you find all these pics ;)

I already love the sound of Jake and now am looking forward to seeing what you thought about the book before I add it to my wishlist :)

Lisa said...

I've heard such amazing things about Saving June. Before I was excited to read it, but now after seeing the guy you chose it is a must and soon.

Wendy Darling said...

As if I didn't want to read this enough already! :)

Amy said...

Mmm...I think this book is going on my wishlist now! ;) Great pick!

Sarah Allen said...

Mmmmmmm :) Thats all I have to say :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Jenny N. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny N. said...

LOL you definitely have to put the birthday card up somewhere.

Alyssa Kirk said...

He is so HOT! Thanks for the pics!

Rummanah Aasi said...

Jake sounds delicious! I'm can't wait to read your review of "Saving June" and read more about him. :)

Flannery (The Readventurer) said...

Your birthday card for next year is going to be OFF THE CHAIN. Seriously, I will have soooo many more to choose from. I guess I'll just start where I left off. (I used all the ones you had up till your bday:))

Today's is a good start. Even if he IS wearing a vest with no shirt underneath. (Who does that?)

-Flann

Karla said...

This is the first time I've seen this Meme! Personally, I think I would find it too hard to choose between all the characters I love. What a great idea for a post though!

Check out my blog, I'm pretty new, and your blog button is in my blogroll for favourite blogs! :)

Karla from deemfiend Reads
http://www.deemfiendreads.blogspot.com

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

*stands with mouth open and drooling*

Oh my...

I may have to steal him for the harem!! Yes... I do!
*prepares Ninja outfit*

Nomes said...

nic

you did SUCH a good job on this. the second pic really matchs Jake's vibe in the book

and those quotes.

OMG

now i am all ready to go and re-read the whole book all over again (again). i can't believe how spot on you are

and as for the thing Flannery made you (!) LOVE it and i roamed around it for a bit and spotted my fave characters.

i should download my fave BB from you blog and make my own poster :)

Azza said...

I dont even know him, and I'm in love with him.

The PERFECT pick, again. Where do you find them ?

Miss Page-Turner said...

I am already in love with that guy!

paperback.pixie said...

OH MY WORD! Not only do I madly want to read Saving June but I must know who this boy is. Maybe a hint? ;)

Ari said...

I'll start reading this book soon. Can't wait :D
I love your choice for Jake.

Unknown said...

OMG this is how I picture Jake too. I just finished the book this morning and LOVED the book actually cried at the end it was so sad :(

Elizabeth Huang said...

Hey, this book is so addictive! I stumbled on this blog after finishing the last chapter. Out of curiosity, do you know the name of this model used in e post?

Anonymous said...

propecia cost celebrity propecia results - where can i buy propecia online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara