I know that I am constantly going on about Aussie books that most of you can't read but now you can. Thanks to the brilliant idea of Missie at The Unread Reader I am happy to announce the Go Aussie Book Tours for those of you participating in the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011 hosted by me. You can sign up at anytime (like right now if you haven't) for the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011. Just go here.
Here are the tour details thanks to Missie (as per post at The Unreader Reader) :
The mission of Go Aussie Book Tours is to promote Australian authors and books. Many phenomenal Aussie titles are not readily available in the U.S. and we would like to give readers the opportunity to read these books while generating buzz for Aussie YA!
What is a Book Tour?
A book tour is when a highly anticipated title is passed from one book blogger to another. Tours provide an opportunity for the book blogger to read and review the title for their blog. In the case of the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011, an additional opportunity is provided for bloggers to work on completing their goals for the reading challenge. Each blogger will be responsible for covering their own shipping expenses. Packages MUST be sent via United States Postal Service with delivery confirmation. Delivery confirmation information must be sent to the host for tracking purposes. The last person on the tour will then ship the book back to the host.
- Go Aussie Book Tours are exclusive for U.S. participants of the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011. If you haven't already signed up for the challenge, you can here.
- U.S. residents only.
- Interested participants are allowed to sign up for multiple tours but the max is three (3).
- Each participant will be responsible for covering their own shipping expenses. Packages MUST be sent via United States Postal Service with delivery confirmation.
- When a book is received, participant must e-mail the host a notification. At that time, the mailing address of the next person on the tour will be provided.
- Each participant will have ONE WEEK (7 days) to read the book.
- Book received must be reviewed and reviews MUST be linked on Aussie YA Reading Challenge review posts found on Irresistible Reads.
- Tours will be limited and small. Schedule will be based on reader interest.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in immediate removal from the tours.
- Any questions/concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aussie Books on Tour:
- Sign up will continue all the month of April and tour schedules will be announced in May
- GO TO THE UNREAD READER TO SIGN UP FOR THE TOUR!
A big thank you to Missie for organising this. You are the best :)