In My Mailbox #24

Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

FOR REVIEW:

Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters #2) by Jessica Shirvington - Aussie YA paranormal romance (angels) series.  Thanks to Hachette Australia.
Friendship on Fire by Danielle Weiler - Aussie YA contemp.  Also debut author of 2011.  Thanks to Danielle Weiler.

FROM SWAP/GIFTED:

The Ex Games & Major Crush by Jennifer Echols - YA romantic comedies.
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes - YA paranormal romance and debut author of 2011.
Between the Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - Historical fiction and debut author of 2011.
Rosebush by Michele Jaffe -  YA thriller.
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han - Book 2 in this contemp series.  I have already read it and loved it even more than the first one.  The final book gets released soon.
Slayed by Amanda Marrone - YA paranormal read.
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly - What I would consider mix genre - historical and contemp.  I have read so many amazing reviews for this book.
Shattered Sky by Helene Young - Aussie adult romantic suspense. 

Most of these swaps were made through the Aussie Swap Group.   Also got a bunch of swag through Aussie Swap, so thank you ladies!

BOUGHT:
Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren (ebook) - I have read so many rave reviews for this YA historical fiction (and I did hear their were Italian hotties running around shirtless fighting with swords). 
What did you get in your mailbox?

24 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

I'm eager to know what you will think of The Replacement. There are a lot of mixed reviews for it, but I liked it. Same with Falling Under. I'm not sure what to think of that book.

And of course I'm always looking to you for new Aussie recs. Those that you got for review look good.

Happy Reading Nic!

Nomes said...

nice stash.

cant wait to see what you think of between shades of gray.

also ~ have fun reading jennifer echols! she is pure good (and sexy) times. i distinctly remember the sauna scene (which is quite early on) in THE EX GAMES. HOTNESS. I also loved a certain tractor scene in MAJOR CRUSH.

and YAY for waterfall. i hope my copy gets to me soon!

Cass said...

Still sad about letting my ARC of Between Shades of Gray go. Haha. Can't wait to hear what you think of it though. ;) You got a great stack of books this week. A lot of those are on my TBR.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny N. said...

I still need to read the second book by Jenny Han but I loved the first one so will probably read it sometime in the summer. Will look out for your reviews of Enticed and Friendship on Fire. I love learning of new titles I dont know about. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I’m curious to hear what you think of Enticed. I did read the first book in The Violet Eden Chapters, but have not decided whether I’ll pick up the second!

Anonymous said...

ARGH. Enticed!! It's in my Kmart, but it's $17 and I'm SO BROKE, so I can't afford it. ='(!!!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

I'm desperate to read Between Shades of Gray! And ooh, I know you're not huge on historical fiction, but I hope you enjoy Revolution, I totally loved it! Give angst-y Andi a chance :P hehe great books this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous book week for you :)

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, great books from the swap/gift pile! =D Happy reading.

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Wow your swapping was immense :D Enticed looks fantastic - I am blaming you for the addition of Embrace to my wishlist ;D Happy Reading

A.J. said...

So many books! I wonder what you're going to think of Falling Under. I'm also curious about Waterfall. Hope you enjoy them! :)

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Tons of awesomeness! Many of those books(well most of those) I haven't read myself! Can't wait to see what you think of them!

Jenny said...

Such a pretty pile of books you have there Nic! I can't wait to read Falling Under and Waterfall, those both look really good:) And I've heard nothing but amazing things about Between Shades of Gray - can't wait for your thoughts!

Small Review said...

Yay! You got so many books I want to know about. I can't wait to read your reviews on practically all of these. I so hope you love Waterfall!

Jen Bigheart said...

I still haven't read The Replacements. Great books this week!

Jen

Leanna Elle said...

Great mailbox! Those are some great swaps you got!

I hope you love Between Shades of Gray! :)

Elodie said...

What a great week !! I look forward to read your review of The Replacement : it's in my pile but I haven't read it yet .. though I look forward to !! Happy reading Nic !

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Some great books! Several there I really enjoyed. Oh and I won Waterfall too. Can't wait for the swoonworthy hotties! :D

Jasmine Cervik said...

OMG...this whole time I totally thought I was following you! Well, I just fixed that problem. :) I'm interested in hearing what you think about Falling Under. I've heard mixed things!

Abbey said...

lots of good books! im looking forward to your review of rosebush and falling under. I've read the ex-games and major crush by Jennifer Echols and really liked them their a lot of fun :)
happy reading!

Savannah said...

WOW! You got lots of great books there! HOLY COW! Enjoy them all!

Julie said...

Super awesome mailbox! I love the cover on Enticed. I wish Aussie books weren't so expensive to ship to the US. But I understand why! lol I definitely want to read Falling Under. I've read it's rather Tim Burtony...if that's a word. :P I'm looking forward to what you think of The Replacement. Happy reading!

Misha said...

Wow! So many books. Falling Under,Between the Shades of Gray and Rosebush are all on my wishlist. Happy Reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara