In My Mailbox #23 - SUPER DELUXE EDITION

Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.
 

Well today is a special in my mailbox edition because thanks to my wonderful husband I got a KINDLE!!!!  He is the best husband in the world.  I have been thinking of getting one for a while and since we will be travelling overseas soon my husband decided to buy me one so I don't take a suitcase full of books with us.  I love that you can have a book within 1 minute, whatever you feel like reading.....although that is a little dangerous for a book addict.  I still will buy my Aussie books and my favourites in print but it is nice to have both options.

It has a sport cover on it at the moment so it doesn't get damaged while I am travelling.  I plan of getting a pretty cover when I get back!



BOUGHT:
Wild Roses by Deb Caletti - I am a big Caletti fan.  She really writes such heartfelt contemps.  And I love the cover of this edition.
Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian - After reading Audrey's review of this recently I rushed out and ordered a copy and it has finally arrived.  YA contemp.
Camille by Tess Oliver (not pictured) - A 99 cent book for my kindle.  Heard good things about this paranormal read.

WON:
August by Bernard Beckett - Thanks to Jess at The Tales Compendium.  This is an award winning NZ author who's books I have been eyeing off for a while now.  This is part thriller and part love story. 

SWAPPED/BORROWED:
This Gorgeous Game by Donna Freitas - YA contemp.  Heard amazing things about this from Nomes.
Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick - YA contemp.  Also again another rec from Nomes.

What did you get in your mailbox?

28 comments:

Julie said...

Great books! I like the cover for August. LOVE Camille. Awesome on the Kindle! I hope you enjoy it :) I love mine!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

i've been thinking about getting a kindle. Looks like you have some good books.

Chachic said...

Congrats on getting your Kindle! :) It's an excellent way to read books while you're traveling because you don't have to worry about carrying books with you.

Cass said...

Is that This Gorgeous Game an ARC? Great books, and congrats on getting a Kindle! ;) I'm quite jealous, because you can read anywhere without worrying about bag space! Happy reading.

Misha said...

Congrats on getting a Kindle! Though I still prefer the printed version of books, Kindle can be useful when it comes to travelling. Also, Amazon offers some great free Ebooks :)

Danielle Zappavigna said...

Awesome about the Kindle! I won a copy of Genesis from Jess, v.exciting :-)

A Canadian Girl said...

What a great husband! I still don't have an e-reader but (I can't believe I'm saying this) I've been thinking about getting one simply because I have so many ebooks on my laptop. Where are you planning on going for your trip, Nic?

Oh, and I haven't heard of most of these books so I'm sure you're going to be making me add some new books to my wishlist.

Badass Bookie said...

Great books this week! I *envy* this brand new Kindle, it's a constant debate with mum whether I should get one ( apparently, I going to go blind if I read anymore on 'electronic devices')
Can't wait to hear what you think about Wild Roses and Not That Kind of Girl.

Ps- Somerset College Celebration of Literature, week long festival every year in March where 30 or so Aussie Authors attend :P --> http://www.somerset.qld.edu.au/celebration/ ( open to public)

Lisa x

Braiden said...

I’m thinking about getting a Kindle. And just receiving some money and gift cards from my birthday just makes it that more special.

Steph: Short and Sweet said...

yay a kindle!! I'm still thinking about buying one.. Not sure yet lol. You got great books this week. Enjoyyyy!!!

Alix said...

I LOVE my Kindle, it's fabulous having books in an instant, especially when you are reading a cliff hanger series! Enjoy your books and your trip!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

Oh, a Kindle!!! It looks so purtyy, I hope you don't convert me :P I've kinda been wanting one but I don't want to leave my paper copies, hehe. And Not That Kind of Girl! Suuuuch an awesome contemp, I really hope you like it =) And I was staring at the August cover for a while, haha. Anyways, I hope you have a great trip and read great books along the way :)

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Wow really terrific book week. Happy reading :D

Elodie said...

cONGRATS on your super awesome kindle Nic !!
I so want to read Not That Kind of Girl : I hope it is as good as it seems !! I can't wait to read your review !!

Nomes said...

yay for your kindle and i really hope you enjoy your books! can't wait to see what you think of 'nothing like you' ~ i know it's got that cheating plot line but i thought it was really beautifully done :)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

So many fab books! Hope you enjoy your Kindle.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I just ordered Nothing Like You this past week! I have Camille on my Kindle too! One of these days I'll read it! Congrats on the Kindle! :)

A.J. said...

Yay a Kindle! Happy for you! :D Great books this week; hope you enjoy 'em all. And congrats on the win! I love the cover of August. :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! You're a Kindle Gal now! This is epically awesome! I think nothing is better than having a Kindle for traveling. It is really perfect for that.

And I've gotta say I'm really wanting some of those YA contemp! More to add to my Wishlist.

Small Review said...

Yay for awesome husbands! I hope you enjoy your books. I'll be looking forward to your reviews, especially for Camille and Not that Kind of GIrl.

Jenny said...

YAY KINDLE!!!! I love mine so much:) What a wonderful husband you have, and it will be so much easier when your traveling to just take that with you:) Enjoy downloading lots of goodies Nic!

Annette Mills said...

I'm so excited for you! I love my Kindle. Awesome husband, indeed!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

YaY! Kindle! You are one of us now! :)

Leanna Elle said...

Oooh, yay for your kindle! I just brought my e-reader on it's first holiday, and it saved me soooo much space! Enjoy! :)

Jenny N. said...

Congrats on getting the kindle! Some great books too, happy reading!

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

Not That Kind Of Girl was a pretty good readn I hope you enjoy :)

And wooooooh on the Kindle! Congratulations! I'm excited by proxy haha. Instant gratification is the best thing :p

Kristina said...

Great books, I have also ordered Wild Roses at BookDepository and since it has been dispatched I can´t wait having it in my hands :D The cover is perfect :)

Savannah said...

Nice Kindle! And great books! I just got Wild Roses. Enjoy all of your books :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara