In My Mail Box #2

Monday, November 1, 2010

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Well this week I got LOADS of books.  This is my stack:


Bought:

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer - This book is beautiful - deckled edges and stunning cover!  Debut author of 2010.
Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - A new angel book on the market by a debut Aussie author.  Can't wait to read this.
Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar - Sounds kind of scary but Eagar is an amazing writer.  Can't wait to see her take on vampires.  Another Aussie author.
Freefall by Mindi Scott - Reading this for bookclub this month.  YA contemporary by a debut author 2010.

ARC's

Across the Universe by Beth Revis - You should of seen the happy dance I did when I won this.  Nearly finished it and it SO good.  Review will be up this week.
Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves - Thanks to my friend Tina for sending me this.  She has already warned me that it is a little bit scary and that I can put it in the freezer if it gets too much!

Trade, secondhand copies and freebies!

Scout by Nicole Pluss- YA historical fiction. An Aussie author.
Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell - This books is funny and heartwarming.  I devoured it in one sitting. Review will be posted later today.
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen - A freebie from Between the Lines blog.    Thank you.
Raincheck on Timbuktu by Kirsten Murphy - A feel good book by an amazing Aussie author.  Sent to me by Nomes.  Big thank you.
Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan - Picked up secondhand.  It is meant to be funny, honest and raw.

What did you get in your mailbox? 
And how do I decide what to read next? Eek! I need your help!

13 comments:

Cass said...

It's been a while since I've had such a busy week. You scored a lot of great titles! I'd love to trade you on that copy of Slice of Cherry one you're done with it! Yeah, just...great week for you! I decided to clump my IMM into two weeks (next week; afterwards, it'll be weekly yet again) so I can do a VLOG! :D I'm super excited, since I have received SO many fantastic books.

Really liked Embrace; hope you do too! I'm surprised to see how thin Freefall is. I need to pick up a copy.

Happy reading! I'd say, read the library book first! :P

LJ said...

Great books this week! I'm working on Nightshade right now. Really into it. Enjoy the week!

Nomes said...

This is awesome. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on some of them. I'm thinking of getting Freefall from The Book Depository. I've heard so many awesome things about it.I love the cover of Nightshade :)

x

Julie said...

Great stack! I've been wanting to read Saltwater Vampires and Scout. Lucky you on getting an ARC of Across the Universe! I can't wait to read it. I'm also stopping by via the Hop. Thanks for hopping by my blog. I'm a new follower :)

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Oh you got some good looking books. Enjoy the reading. :)

Vee said...

Ohhhh, I'm in love with the cover for Freefall. Like, serious love. And the concept sounds very cool, too.

BUT. I vote Raincheck on Timbuktu for what you read first -- it's so, so gorgeous. One of my absolute favourite Aussie YAs.

All of the books you got this week look awesome, though! (including Across the Universe. I've already spoken of my jealousy in another post, haha) :D

Unknown said...

Amazing pile of books!I really enjoyed The Luxe!
Happy Reading!

Kristin @ Beneath Shining Stars said...

What an amazing stack of books! I can't wait to hear what you think about Across the Universe!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments. Just about finished Across the Universe and the review shall be up in the next few days :)

@ Nomes - Sent you a message about Freefall :)

@ Cass - We will have to talk swapping! Can't wait to see your stack in your VLOG.

@ Vee - Heard Raincheck on Timbuktu was awesome :)

A.J. said...

Seriously can't wait to read your review for Across the Universe! :D Also, can't wait to know what you think about Embrace and Saltwater Vampires. Those sound really good. :)

Annette Mills said...

Thanks for stopping by my IMM. The only book you have this week that I've read is LUXE, which I really loved. So that's the only one I can recommend.

Angela Lynn said...

Ooooooh I am super envious of the arcs! They are both books I totally want to read. Happy reading!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Great mailbox! Nightshade was epic! I cannot wait to read Across the Universe! The cover is gorgeous + The Beatles title reference + awesomesauce premise = what more could a book junkie ask for?? I can't wait to see what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara