In My Mail Box #4

Monday, November 15, 2010

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.



The Year of Secret Assignments (aka Finding Cassie Crazy) -
Three female students from Ashbury High write to three male students from rival Brookfield High as part of a pen pal program, leading to romance, humiliation, revenge plots, and war between the schools.

I found a second hand copy the other day.  Jaclyn Moriarty is an Aussie author and I love her books.  So I can't wait to read this one!


Other than that it was a quite book week.  I didn't have a chance to go book shopping which helped me save some money for Christmas which is fast approaching and also because I have a huge reading pile.

 I was actually looking through my books and realised I have some amazing books hiding there.  Here is a pic of just some of my books in my reading stack:



I have a few piles like that.  Some I am actually afraid to read like Some Girls Are and Sweethearts.  I know they will be awesome but they are going to make me cry and be completely gut wrenching. 

So I have a question -  Do you put off books you are dying to read because you know they are going to be heart breaking read?

12 comments:

Cass said...

I don't think I put off books, though I can't be entirely sure. I suggest you read Graceling and Sisters Red ASAP. ;) Ooh and Hex Hall and Some Girls Are. Sadly I have none of them. If you end up hating any I'm willing to take it off your hands ROFL.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your books!

Tina G said...

Dame girl, you've got some great reads hun!

To answer the question, I think it depends on the book. If it's a series then I will skip to that book in a heart beat even if I know it'll break my heart (ex-Linger (remember that one?)
But if I don't know about the book and just heard it's heart fail, then yeah, I'll skip it till I'm in the mood for a good cry;)
Great question:)

(Hugs) Tina~

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

You have to read Some Girls Are Nic it's soooo good, yes it does make for some difficult reading at times but it's worth it, you'll love it! I loved both Leaving Paradise and Hex Hall as well.

Yes I do sometimes put off reading books if they are going to be heart breaking to read, I think I have to be in a certain frame of mind sometimes I just want to read something fluffy whilst other times I want something with more depth, it depends how I'm feeling.

Happy Reading :)

Amelia said...

Wow that is a great stack! SIREN and HEX HALL look particularly interesting!
Just wanted to say hi - I'm a new follower! Love your pretty blue/yellow blog! :D

Alix said...

Oh you have some brilliant books to look forward too! I love The Year of Secret Assignments, so good! Graceling is one of my favourite books and Hex Hall, Heist Society and Hourglass are all fun too.

I don;t out off sad books but I do save certain books for which is why I haven't read On Jellicoe Road yet :)

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

@ Alexa - On The Jellicoe Road is my favourite book.

@ Amelia - Thank you :)

@ Cass - At least I know where to send them if I don't like them.

Nomes said...

did you find the US edition in Australia? (by Jaclyn Moriarty?) she is one of my all time absolute favourite authors. have you read her before? You'll love her!

Also, love the pic of your TBR! makes me feel better about mine.

I loved Sweethearts - it's an easier read than you might think - but still very beautiful. Cameron Quick is HOT and you should get on with meeting him asap!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

@ Nomes - I have read Feeling Sorry for Celia and I loved it. I will move hottie Cameron up the list. That pic is about a 1/3 of my reading stack. I really need help :)

@ Mybella aka Tina - I know you are scaried cat too when it comes to books that make you cry. Sends hugs back :)

Little Miss Becky said...

I've heard great things about Secret Assignments! I hope you enjoy it! Fabulous stack of books there---Sisters Red is among my favorites! Still need to read Siren, but it looks so good!

I don't think I'd put off a book because it looks heartbreaking, I just grab the kleenex and dive in! :)

Unknown said...

Hex Hall is amazing you need to read it!! Also The Year of the Secret Assignments was fabulous!! I have read a few of her other books too and they were also good :D

A.J. said...

Lot of good books you gotta read. :D

If I'm dying to read a book, I stop everything to read it, even if I know it will be heartbreaking.

Sniffly Kitty said...

I actually put off reading books because I know they're the first books in the series, and if I start before the other books are published, I will be in for the agony of waiting.

Sniffly Kitty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara