Waiting on Wednesday #3

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Trapped by Michael Northrop
Release Date:- Jan 01 2011

The Breakfast Club meets The Blizzard of the Century: A young adult suspense novel from PW Flying Start author Michael Northrop.

Scotty and his friends Pete and Tommy are among the last kids waiting to get picked up at their high school. The snow has been coming down for hours, and it's starting to look like no one is coming for them. As the snow piles higher, their teacher Mr. Gossell leaves them behind to seek help--and disappears into the drifts outside. Now the seven remaining students are on their own, with no food and no electricity, facing a night of sleeping on classroom floors. Will their friendships survive the night . . . and will THEY?


Why?  The first thing that grapped me about this book was the line in the description that said 'The Breakfast Club meets The Blizzard of the Century'.  The Breakfast Club is one of my all time favourite movies and a book with a similar concept can only be awesome (well that my theory anyway).  The description also makes it sounds like it is going to be a pusle pounding read.  Also it part of the Contempts Challenge which I  have just signed up for.

What are you waiting for? 

Leave a comment with you link to WOW if you like and I'll make sure to check it out! 




12 comments:

Nomes said...

nice pick. i've never even heard of it.

and, ahh, i still haven't seen the breakfast club. (sheepishly admitting that)

x

Alix said...

Ohh this sounds great. I LOVE The Breakfast Club, such an excellent movie.

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

I'm really excited about this book! It looks super good. Can't wait till its out.

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I've never heard of this book before Nic but I want to read it like now. I absolutely love The Breakfast Club (how can you not), another book to be added to be TBR pile on goodreads! Thanks :)

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

looks like a fab book - looking forward to it too

Miss Page-Turner said...

Great choice:) Have heard of this one before and it sounds like an exciting read, just a 2 more months!

Shonda said...

This looks good. I love the cover - even though I'm not a winter person, I love the look of freshly fallen snow. Makes everything so beautiful. Like you I love The Breakfast Club so I'll have to look for this when it's released.

nomadreader said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one during a snowstorm on a late winter afternoon!

Unknown said...

I've seen this one a few times. I like the sound of it and I love the cover. Great pick!!
Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Little Miss Becky said...

This one sounds really good,...but I think I might wait until the summer to read it..brr :)

Bookingly Yours said...

nice cover - great choice!

thanks for stopping by my blog, i know it's a week tooo late and it's friday again, just had a crazy week. I'm a new follower btw.

iamjenai

Tina G said...

OooooOOoo! This one looks good! Great find, I'll add it to my TBR!

XO
T~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara