Waiting on Wednesday

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

__________________________________________________________________

All You Get Is Me by Yvonne Prinz
Release Date: 1st January, 2011

What happens when a city girl is transplanted onto a ramshackle organic farm in the middle of nowhere? Everything.

Sixteen-year-old Roar has been yanked from her city life and suddenly she’s a farm girl, albeit a reluctant one, selling figs at the farmers' market and developing her photographs in a rickety shed. And then she witnesses a crime that will throw the whole community into an uproar. Caught among the lure of a troublemaking friend, her love for a brooding boy, and her complicated feelings about her father’s human rights crusade, Roar is going to have to tackle it all. And with a camera around her neck, she’s capturing it all, too.

Yvonne Prinz and her novel The Vinyl Princess have ignited the teen blogosphere and entertainment media. Once again, she’s taken the pulse of culture and emerged with a book that is timely, quirky, and unforgettable
.

__________________________________________________________________




What are you waiting for?
Why? With the name 'Roar' the main character sounds interesting and quirky.  And I have heard the brooding boy name is 'Forest'.  The blurb is intriguing and of course I love the cover.

13 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Ooooh great pick! I had this as my WoW a few weeks ago, and I'm so excited to read it :)

Nomes said...

i'm planning on reading this one too :)

x

Kat said...

Awesome pick! I love the cover and especially the name Roar...my (male) cousin's name is Forest, btw, but all my family have weird/hippy/palondrome names, so no surprise there.

Alison Can Read said...

This is a very "done" theme, but it can still be done well!

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I've been wanting to read this since I found it on goodreads, great pic Nic!

Total side note but were you one of the winners for penguins Vampire Academy ask Richelle comp? If so congratulations!

Jan von Harz said...

I am so excited about this one too. I love the mystery and the fact that the MC is a uprooted city girl who loves photography. Great Pick!

Miss Page-Turner said...

I love the cover of this novel, but the summary doesn't make me want this novel too bady:(Maybe I should try it!
Here is my WoW

And don't forget to check out my 100 follower giveaway to win a copy of Perfect Chemistry. Open internationally, ends Nov 30th. Just click...here !

A.J. said...

Can't wait to read this one either. :D Her other novel, The Vinyl Princess, was pretty good. :)

Jenny said...

Really fantastic pick, I love the sound of this one. And we don't have to wait that much longer for January which is a bonus. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the wait for some of these books, too much good stuff coming out in 2011!

TheBookGirl said...

That cover is certainly a keeper :)
Hope you enjoy this when it comes out in January!

BLHmistress said...

The cover is awesome, love the summary

MYWOW

Jen Bigheart said...

I can't wait for this one too! I got on the ARC tour so it won't be long! Great pick!

~Jen

Lorelei said...

Roar, huh? I'm not too sure about that one...and maybe it's me, but the summary makes it sound a teeny bit like the Hannah Montana movie. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara