In My Mail Box #3

Sunday, November 7, 2010

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.



Bought

The DUFF - This is my favourite buy of the week.  Not only because of it's gorgeous cover but I have heard it is honest, compelling and edgy.  Keplinger is a debut author and is only 18.  Pretty amazing.
Stolen - I finally picked up a copy of this.  It has been on my wishlist for a while.  Apparently a thought provoking novel.  Lucy Christopher is an Aussie author.
Once a Witch - This book has been around for a while now (since 2009).  All I have heard is good things about this.  I am hoping though it doesn't end of a cliffhanger because the sequel isn't until August 2011.

Trade (Thanks Holly, you are awesome)
How Not To Be Popular - A 2008 release.  I think this books is going to be loads of fun!
Take Me There - My first signed copy of a book! Another book that I am crazy about the cover.
Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles) - A dystopian novel by an Australian author.  
The Legacy -Another dystopian book.  This is the final instalment in the triology.  Might you add I still have to read the first two yet!

I also got this week a short story (ebook format) by Amber Vilate for review called The Undead Crimefighting League: Sophie and the Wolf.  Thank you Amber.

What did you get in your mail box?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havent heard of The Duff...but you speak highly of it so I think I should check it out! Thanks! :) My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

The DUFF was absolutely amazing! Definitely one of my favorite books. Take Me There looks really good too and even better since it's signed! Congrats :)

bibliophile brouhaha said...

The Legacy? What is this trilogy? Dystopian? Oh my, needthisneedthis. . .

Linds

Nomes said...

i loved stolen. i'm thinking of buying my own copy...

also, how not to be popular was a pretty fun read :)

funny - but holly traded me - and sent me a signed copy of Take me there :) she must have had a few lying around. i read 50 pages and that was enough for me ;) i'm sending my copy to jess. you might like it more than me though - i can't really say much as i didn't finish it anyways :)

looking forward to see what you think of The DUFF (even if you dont review it - just seeing your casual opinion). i'm thinking it's probably not the book for me...

x

Annette Mills said...

Been wondering about Duff. Interesting premise. I read one review that was mediocre. I'll be anxious to hear what you think.

FICTION STATE OF MIND said...

Great books! I really want Duff too, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Alison Can Read said...

Great books. I'm interested in The Duff. And I really want to read Once A Witch!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments.

@ Nomes - LOL. I curious how many books Holly has :)

Vee said...

I'm super interested in The Duff, so I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on that :)

And yay Stolen! I've heard so many good things about it. Picked up a copy for a contest winner today, but I'm thinking of getting my own copy as well.

Jen (Makeshift Bookmark) said...

Yes! I'm so excited you got The DUFF, Nic! I loved that book and I hope you do, too!

A.J. said...

The DUFF & Genesis are definitely on my wishlist. :D (I need to finish Stolen!) Great books this week & hope you enjoy them all. :)

Julie said...

I'm a little late in making my IMM rounds. Great books! I saw someone else had The Rose Black Chronicles book in their stash too. I love the cover. I'm going to check that one out! Happy reading :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara