In My Mail Box #6

Monday, November 29, 2010

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.



Bought
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I am in love with this book already. The edition I have is the UK one and it has blue print and colour photographs inside and the prose is beautiful.

Diary of a Crush (French Kiss) by Sarra Manning - This is a new arrival at my favourite bookstore and was an impulse buy.  It looks like a fun read.

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley -  Cath Crowley is an Aussie writer.  I love Graffiti Moon by her so I am excited to read this.  For some reason it is the US edition but that is okay because I like it better.

I Now Pronounce You Somebody Else by Erin McCahan - Have read lots of amazing reviews for this. This is Erin McCahan first young adult novel and first published novel in a writing career that spans 17 years.

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas -  Another impulse buy.  Secondhand copy that somebody was trading as I was paying for my books. Adult contemporary fiction - it is nice to change things up every now and then.
For Review



Eternal Flame by Cynthia Eden - I won my first signed book ever from Goodreads.  I even got some bookmarks.   I don't mind a bit of adult paranormal and this series looks great.   Her Night Watch series is described 'dark, sexy paranormal laced with gripping suspense'.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver - From Netgalley.  This is Lauren Oliver second novel and it is described as 'a high-stakes romance set in a dystopian world'.  Sounds very different from her first novel Before I Fall which was brilliant.

Don't forget to check out my Freefall  GIVEAWAY and interview with Mindi Scott.  Only one week left to enter!

6 comments:

Cass said...

Yes! Love the look of the UK edition of Sky, though I was lucky to get both copies. ;) I really want to read A Little Wanting Song. Hope to read a review soon enough!

Nomes said...

how awesome is the sky is everywhere? such a gorgeous book to read

i have diary of a first crush too - haven't read it yet though...

A.J. said...

Ooo The Sky is Everywhere looks so soft. :D I keep hearing Delirium is great, so I hope you enjoy it! And congrats on the GoodReads win! :) That one sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Great list this week! I loved The Sky is Everywere and I Now Pronounce You Someone Else, and Delirium was FANTASTIC.

My IMM is here, if you're interested:
http://christitheteenlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-my-mailbox-10.html

Have a great week!

Jenny said...

Nice group you got this week! I can't wait for Delirium, I'm so excited to read that one. I'll definitely be looking for your review of that one!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Brilliant books you got this week! I'm so glad to see you have Delirium, too. I'll be interested to compare notes...I'm planning to do a spoiler-free review of it this Thursday, and I'll be extra careful not to ruin the surprises because it's not even out yet. Happy reading, Nic! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara