Waiting on Wednesday #2

Wednesday, November 3, 2010


 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Release date: 2nd December, 2010

Description: If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right? If your brother's been accused of a terrible crime and you're the main witness, then you banish all doubt and defend him. Isn't that what families do? When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her at a party, his world of work and girls begins to fall apart. When Ellie's brother is charged with the crime, but says he didn't do it, her world of revision, exams and fitting in at a new school begins to unravel. When Mikey and Ellie meet, two worlds collide. Brave and unflinching, this is a novel of extraordinary skillfulness and almost unbearable tension. It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.

Why? It will probably make me cry and completely get under my skin but the last line in the description 'it's a book about love' is what sold me. 

What are you waiting on?

19 comments:

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Wow - this sounds like a powerful read. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

Jan von Harz said...

I definitely want this one too. Sounds great. Good pick!

Mary G. said...

You Against Me... Looks AWESOME!

Check Out my Waiting On Wednesday

Nomes said...

i'm completely hanging out for this one. plus can't wait to see it in the flesh b/c for some reason this cover confuses me (?)

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

Love the sound of this book Nic, thanks for bringing it to my attention I've just added it to my goodreads TBR pile :)

June G said...

Sounds intriguing and complex. I''m really curious to see what this is all about. Never heard of it before. Good pick!

Miss Page-Turner said...

Never heard of this one before but it really sounds good! Loyalty and family ties, interesting topics, thanks for sharing your WOW:)
Here is my WOW

And don't forget to check out my giveaway...just click here!

Vee said...

This one sounds so good. Awesome pick, Nic!

TheBookGirl said...

Sounds like a page turner...hope you enjoy it!

Claire (Cem) said...

Thanks for already stopping by my WOW post.

I've got this book on my list as well, it sounds really good!

A.J. said...

OMG I can't wait for this book either!! It sounds real good. I loved the first line in the description. *o*
(I'm just wondering why it's not even pre-orderable on the Book Depository when it's a UK book. :( And the paperback is all the way in July!)

Alayne said...

Nice pick! Hope you get it soon. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Alison Can Read said...

I haven't heard about this one. It sounds very interesting and intense. I like the cover too.

Anna said...

Oh that description has me HOOKED. Can you be emotionally invested in a story just from a description? Nice pick!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this looks really interesting! i hadn't heard of it before. i like the cover!

Sarah said...

ooooh... this sounds great. I am adding it to my TBR list right now!

Steph said...

This one looks really good! Great WOW!

Check out my WOW!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments!

AJ - I found it pre-orderable on TBD but only in hardback cover.

Nomes - I think it is confusing because it got a little pic of Before I Die on it. I am interested to see the cover too :)

Claire @ YA Bookie Monster said...

This one sounds really interesting! I've never heard of it before! Great pick!

Thanks for checking out my WoW pick this week!

Claire :)
YA Bookie Monster

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara