Up for a challenge!

Thursday, November 11, 2010


I have just signed up for The Contemps Challenge.  I am a big fan of Contemporary YA fiction and want to celebrate and spread the word on how awesome it is! 

Here is some info from the website on The Contemps Challenge:

The Contemps” officially launched on August 17 with a mission to help teens, booksellers, librarians and publishers connect with books that feature real-life settings, characters and situations. Group members range from debuts to veterans with several titles on the shelves, and all have new releases coming out between September 2010 and August 2011. They hope to not just build buzz for members’ books, but to create excitement and appreciation for the contemporary realistic genre in general.

“There are so many wonderful authors writing contemporary realistic fiction,” said Contemps co-founder Lisa Schroeder. “As much as we love other genres, the marketplace can feel dominated by paranormal, fantasy and dystopian novels. We want to celebrate the unique way that contemporary stories help teens feel they’re not alone in this real world.”

Accept the Contemps Challenge and promise to read at least 18 of the 21 upcoming Contemps books between now and August 15, 2011. One lucky challenger will win the grand prize: ALL 21 of our books! That's like a whole bookshelf of books!

The 21 authors involved are Brent Crawford, Hannah Harrington, April Henry, Kirsten Hubbard, Denise Jaden, Kody Keplinger, Jo Knowles, Lindsey Leavitt, Sarah Darer Littman, Michael Northrop, Sarah Ockler, Micol Ostow, Lisa Schroeder, Elizabeth Scott, Mindi Scott, Emily Wing Smith, Courtney Summers, Kristen Tracy, Melissa Walker, Sara Bennett Wealer, and Daisy Whitney.

Go check out the website if you want more info or to see the 21 titles available.  If you are interested in participating in the challenge make sure you sign up by 15 November, 2010.

4 comments:

bibliophile brouhaha said...

I'm down, and I'm signing up! I needed some encouragement to break out of my paranormal rut!

-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

Alison Can Read said...

Good luck! Thanks for the reminder about the Contemps. I haven't checked out their website for a few weeks.

Vee said...

Ooh, good luck! I would sign up for the contemps challenge, but I'm trying to read more Aussie YA and the majority of contemps releases are US-ian. BUT there are some books from these authors I am DYING to read -- Fixing Delilah, Like Mandarin and The Mockingbirds seem incredible.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Thanks for all the comments :)

@ Vee - There is a bunch of great books that I will be reading anyway so I thought why not. I am trying to also read more Aussie YA and having set a reading goal. Each week I want to read one Aussie author, one debut author and other I like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara