In My Mail Box #5

Monday, November 22, 2010

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


BOUGHT:

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine - Morganville Vampires is one of my all time favourite series.  So I screamed with excitement when my copy arrived.  And yes I have read it already and my review will be up this week some time.
Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams - This is by an Aussie author and it has been getting rave reviews.  
Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood - Another Aussie YA contemporary fiction.  I have already devoured this book and it was one of my fave reads of 2010.  Review will be up tomorrow.
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle - This is my Christmas read.  Three Christmas stories of humour, love, romance and kisses.  You can't go wrong especially if one is by John Green.  I will be posting some other Christmas recommendations in the next few days so stay posted for that.
Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker - Looks liked a good summer read since it is going to be a long hot summer here.

FOR REVIEW (from Netgalley)


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - Another favourite series.  This book is amazing so far.
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky - Set in the future.  Looks thought provoking and also like it will have a beautiful romance.
Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison - A story about second chances.

What did you get in your mailbox?


11 comments:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

Here Lies Bridget looks great! I still haven't read the Iron Fey series, but I love their covers! Great mailbox! Happy Reading :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! I got Awaken and Here Lies Bridget too!

A.J. said...

Hope you enjoy the books you haven't read yet. :) I loved Let It Snow! Very cute. :D

Cass said...

Cool! A couple more Aussie titles. :) I want to hear what you thought of Six Impossible Things.

danya said...

Let It Snow is a really cute read, gives you that fuzzy holiday feeling :D

Tina said...

Hey! I jsut found your blog, and boy am I glad to see another Aussie book blog out there. I'm adding you to my bloglist! :)

Hope you're having an awesome day and enjoy those books. I can't wait to see more reviews from you!
Tina.

Nomes said...

nice loot. i really need to get my own copy of beatle Meets Destiny1 I keep borrowing it from the library... i hope you love it.

also, yay for lovestruck summer. i'm in such a blah reading mood i may go back and re-read that one. it just had such a cool vibe about it :)

i got Freefall this week! Thanks to a very generous person...

xx

Alison Can Read said...

Fun books! I'm hoping to start the Morganville Vamp series soon. And I can't wait for Iron Queen.
My IMM

Miss Page-Turner said...

I've got The Iron Queen, too. Awaken will be part of my 2011 debut author challenge so I'll wait till January to finally start this one. Let it snow sounds so good, I thought about buying it as a christmas read. Tell me if it's a good holiday read?:)
Thanks for visiting!

Alix said...

Beetle meets Destiny is excellent and Let it Snow is a great Christmas read - enjoy!

Jenny said...

You got fabulous books this week! I can't wait to read the Net Galley titles and I'm going to start the Morganville vampire series soon, I've heard such good things about it. Enjoy your books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara