Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Friday, November 12, 2010

Goodreads Description - Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


My Review:-

Favourite Quote: "I could smell his fear but was intrigued by the other, more alluring scents beneath it.  Clover, rain, sun-warmed fields.  I leaned toward him, taking in the shape of his lips, the light in his pale green eyes.  He wasn't looking at me like I was a freak.  His eyes were full of fear and wanting.  I wondered what he could see in my eyes". 

What an incredible debut!  Nightshade was a gripping read that will pull readers into it unique and beautiful world full of passion, mystery and romance.

Right from page one I was drawn into this complex plot.  So much history and plenty of secrets that slowly unravelled.  It definitely kept me turning the pages to figure out what the Keeper's were hiding. 

The characters from Nightshade are well crafted.  Calla is a strong, smart, genuine and loyal.  You have to admire her strenght.  She had many hard decisions but she always choose to do the right thing.    Not only will you adore Calla but also the entertaining bunch of secondary characters like Ansel, Mason, Bryn and Dax.  They bring some funnier moments to this intense story. 

Let's get to the romance.  One word for it DELICIOUS!  This love triangle actually worked.  Both Shay and Ren were just as strong characters as each other and you could understand Calla's confusion.  But I am so team Ren.  He was just sexy as hell and I am crushing on him big time.  Although I have a funny feeling he is not going to end up with the girl and I might have to write an email to Andrea Cremer begging her to make sure Calla picks him.

Now the ending...talk about major cliffhanger.  On a rating of 1 to 10.  Definitely a 10.  Why do authors do that to us and then make us wait for forever for the sequel.  It drives me crazy.  Thankfully Cremer is releasing Wolfsbane on 12th July, 2011.  So only 8 months instead of the usual 1 year and it can't come soon enough!  I really need more.

Overall, Nightshade lived up to all the hype and is one of the best paranormal romance reads of the year!

Rating: 4.5/5


Want to read more awesome reviews for Nightshade: Makeshift Bookmark and Bibliophie Brouhaha

For More Info: Check out the Nightshade website

Trailer:


7 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved this one as well for all the reasons you listed. I thought Calla was a fabulous heroine and the secondary characters were well developed and really added a lot to the story. I'm rooting for Ren as well, but both I though had really appealing characteristics, I don't envy Calla her position! Fabulous review, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts:)

brandileigh2003 said...

This was a very delicious romance, I couldn't make up my mind who I wanted more :D
Blkosiner's Book Blog

bibliophile brouhaha said...

I read and reviewed this too - Loved this book! So happy you enjoyed it, also!

-Lidns

Alix said...

I LOVED this too, although I am firmly Team Shay :)

I thought the world she created was amazing. Have you seen the cover for Wolfsbane, it is so gorgeous and I hear ARC's are hitting soon, I just have to find someone to bribe for one, I cant wait 8 months after that ending!

Miss Page-Turner said...

Can't wait to read Nightshade!!! And I love love triangles!:D Great review, thanks.

I heard Kagawa will write the 4th Iron Fey books from another POV? But I haven't even read the first three novels:(
So many books to read, so little time:D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Excellent review! I just posted my review for this today, and I absolutely loved it :)

Anonymous said...

Must try ! thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara